The problem of flickering lamps on HP printers can be caused by a variety of reasons. If you too are facing this problem with your HP printer and wondering what the cause is, then you are at the right place. In this blog, we would like to clear your doubts and let you know all about “Why does the HP printer lamp flicker?”.
This blinking helps you to know the status of your printer when you send commands to it. This lamp blinks at regular intervals to let you know what is happening with the printer. The information in this blog is for the most common HP printers, for example the HP Deskjet F4480 and 1515.
If all the lamps on the HP printer are off
In this case, you will see that none of the lamps on the HP printer are blinking. This includes the power lamp, attention lamp, ink error indicator, color ink level icon, black ink level icon, segment display counter, and media error indicator. The sole cause of this problem is that the printer is not turned on.
Below is a list of actions that can be taken to turn on the printer.
- Verify that the power cord is properly connected to the back of the printer.
- Next, verify that the power cord is properly inserted into the power supply.
- After checking all connections, turn on the printer using the power button.
- If the power light comes on, the problem is solved. However, if the light is still nowhere to be found, proceed to the next step.
- Unplug the power cord from the main power supply and try connecting another device.
- If the other device does not work either, there may be a problem with the outlet. You will need to plug the printer into another outlet.
Temporary problems with the printer should be resolved by the above checks and solutions. However, if the problem persists, contact HP support immediately.
What does it mean when all the lights on my HP printer are blinking?
If any of the HP printer lamps are blinking, it indicates that the HP printer is in an error state. You should see the power lamp, color ink cartridge lamp, attention lamp, and black ink cartridge lamp all blinking at the same time. if your HP printer is also experiencing this, you should not be able to print anything from the printer. To repair an HP printer in error condition and stop the HP printer lamp from blinking, the following steps should be taken.
- The easiest and best way to troubleshoot an HP printer in error condition is to reset the HP printer. So, first unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.
- Unplug the printer from the outlet for at least 15 minutes and then plug it back in.
- Turn on the printer from the outlet and the printer’s power button.
After performing the above troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve the HP printer light blinking problem. Try printing something from the printer to confirm that there is no problem. If the printer is still in error, contact an HP support expert for remote support.
Steps to solve HP printer flickering problem?
Below are basic troubleshooting steps you can follow to solve the HP printer flickering light problem yourself.
- First, remove the ink cartridges from the printer, unplug the power cord from the printer and also from the main power supply.
- Disconnect any USB cables connected to the printer.
- Leave the printer unplugged for 5 minutes, then press and hold the power button.
- Then reconnect the power cord to the printer and the main power source.
- Reconnect the USB cables to the printer and computer.
- Start the HP printer with the power button and check if the flashing light on the HP printer is off.
In most cases, the above method will work. However, if the problem persists and you cannot find the cause, download HP Scan Doctor to your PC; running HP Scan Doctor on your device will scan your HP printer for errors or problems. You can also contact an HP support specialist to have your HP printer repaired.
How Do I Fix The Flashing Light On My HP Printer | Video
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset the blinking lamp on my HP printer?
Solution 1: Reset the all-in-one.
With the power on, unplug the power cord from the back of the unit.
Wait 30 seconds.
Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.
Press the power button to turn the product on.
Wait until the power light stops blinking. This completes the reset.
What does it mean when the printer lamp blinks?
If the power lamp is blinking at a high rate of speed, there may be a problem with the printer. A blinking resume lamp indicates a paper jam or that the paper feed tray is empty. The printer lamp has started blinking due to a printer component failure or internal error.
What does it mean when the orange light on my HP printer is blinking?
When a printer has a blinking orange light, it usually means that the printer cartridge, toner, or simply a configuration setting is damaged.
How do I fix the orange light on my printer?
After turning on the printer, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and then unplug the power cord from the power outlet; remove the USB cable, if present; wait 2-3 minutes, then press and hold the printer’s power button for about 30 seconds to remove any excess charge.
What does it mean when the power button on my HP printer is blinking?
A blinking power light indicates that the product is in need of maintenance or is in error.
Why is the power button on my HP Deskjet 3700 printer blinking?
If the power button light is blinking fast, it means the cartridge access door is open and should be closed. If the cartridge access door is closed and the light is blinking fast, the printer is in an error state and can be resolved by following the messages on the computer screen.
I hope this blog has helped you solve your HP printer flickering problem. If you see a specific error code or message in the printer’s control panel, please refer to the Troubleshooting Guide. Printer won’t turn on or work? Please contact us so our printer experts can assist you.