On this page you will find the buying guide to the Best 3D Printer For Beginners increasingly popular devices. If you intend to buy this product, continuing to read you can find out all the insights you need.
How many times have you found yourself watching a film or a television series in which the protagonists admired a kind of technologically advanced box that they called a 3D printer in which what looked like a tiny mechanical arm emitted a kind of laser that materialized, layer by layer, an object or, as often happened in medical series, a heart valve or a portion of the trachea to be replaced in place of a diseased or malfunctioning part?
Here, putting aside the normal suspense loaded by the narrative of a film or a TV series, 3D printers exist and are really able to reproduce objects ranging from simple gadgets or cute toys to some useful devices both in everyday life. than within very important sectors such as medicine or aeronautics.
Also Read: Best Printers For Heat Transfers
Best 3D Printer For Beginners | 2022
If three-dimensional printing was already a reality in the Eighties, over the last few decades it has been able to improve its basic technology by managing to create truly fundamental components for the life of all of us, but, thanks also to continuous competition among the companies in the sector, even simple enthusiasts of the genre or users who wanted to try this new technology have managed to take advantage of the prices that have become increasingly competitive to be able to have a 3D printer in their own home at a low price or, in any case, not extremely costly.
For those who want to make such a purchase but are not yet clear about what a 3D printer actually does and what its main features and functions are, let’s see together to understand it and set up a buying guide for the Best 3D Printer For Beginners
Best 3D Printer For Beginners | 2022 Comparison Table
|Flashforge 3D Printer Finder Lite FDM Machine, Semi-Enclosed, Removable Platform, Touch Screen, Brightly Colored Design for Kids Beginner and School Education. Print Size140 x 140 x 140 mm.||FlashForge||Check Price|
|Mini 3D Printer for Kids with Removable Magnetic Build Plate 1.75mm Free Test PLA Filament DIY 3D Printers Printing Size 100x100x100mm||Tecqeq||Check Price|
|K1 3D Printer for Kids Building Size 100 x 100 x 100MM Portable Desktop Kit for Beginners Kids Teens 3D Printer with 1.75mm PLA Filament Magnetic Removable Plate USB TF Card Max Print Speed 40MM/s||Haosegd||Check Price|
|Anbull 3D Printer for Beginners Teens Kids Mini 3D Printer Nano Plus with Cooling Fan in Nozzle, Upgraded Removable Hot Magnet Build Plate 1.75mmx10m PLA Filament Printing up to 3.5 x 4.3 x 4.3 Inch||Anbull||Check Price|
|da Vinci Mini Wireless 3D Printer-6"x6"x6" Volume (Includes: 300g Filament, PLA/Tough PLA/PETG) - Upgradable to print Metallic/Carbon PLA||XYZprinting||Check Price|
|Official Creality Ender 3 3D Printer with Resume Printing All Metal Frame, UL Certified Power Supply, Open Source FDM 3D Printers for DIY Home and School, Build Volume 220 x 220 x 250 mm||SainSmart||Check Price|
|ANYCUBIC Mega S Upgrade FDM 3D Printer with Extruder and Suspended Filament Rack + Free Test PLA Filament, Works with TPU/PLA/ABS and 8.27''(L) x8.27''(W) x8.07''(H) Print Size||ANYCUBIC||Check Price|
|X1 3D Printer Mini Desktop 3D Printer for Beginners Kids Teens 3D Printer Free Filaments Magnetic Removable Plate USB Cable TF Card Max Print Speed 40MM/s Size 100 x 100 x 100MM 10M 1.75mm||Haosegd||Check Price|
|Flashforge 3D Printer Adventurer 3C Fully Enclosure FDM Machine, Free Leveling Removable Heated Build Plate and Detachable Nozzle, Touch Screen, Build Volume 150 x 150 x 150mm||Flashforge||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best 3D Printer For Beginners | 2022 Products Overview
1. Flashforge 3D Printer
- 【Design for Kids】-- The FlashForge Finder series has cemented itself as a favorite 3D printer for children and teens, both at home and in classrooms. Finder Lite is that it looks very likely to appeal to kids. The brightly colored open-sided case of tough but well-made chunky plastic is a welcome change from its more industrial and gives it a satisfyingly sturdy feel.
- 【Touchscreen】-- This 3.5-inch touchscreen is extremely clear and easy to use. When you first turn on the printer it gives you three options to select from, and from there you’re given more selections. It makes finding what you’re looking for simple and it’s very intuitive. the touch screen is clear and responsive and an ideal interface for younger users to quickly get to grips with.
- 【Quiet to Use】-- This little fella is quiet — minus its cheerful chirping to let you know it’s on and ready to print. This means you can keep it in a common space in your home without it driving you crazy. The original Finder was a surprisingly quiet machine.
- 【Removable Build Plate】-- A necessity given the small, enclosed build space of this machine is the removable build plate, which is easy to put on and take off. The build platform is completely removable making removal of your finished print much easier, The bed is completely unheated, which makes it much safer for younger users.
- 【Reliable After-Sales 】-- Customer service at FlashForge to be outstanding. With very prompt and helpful replies to your queries received usually within just a few hours. Finder Lite machine makes 3D printing that bit more accessible to a host of people who want to be sure they’re spending their money on something reliable and safe for their family
The Flashforge 3D Printer Finder Lite is a FDM machine that is specifically designed for children and beginners. The semi-enclosed, brightly colored design of the printer is meant to appeal to kids and make it easy for them to use. The touch screen interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it simple for young users to get started with 3D printing.
One of the standout features of the Finder Lite is its quiet operation, which makes it suitable for use in common spaces in the home without being disruptive. Additionally, the removable build plate is a convenient feature that makes it easy to remove finished prints and keep the build space clean. The build platform is unheated, making it safer for younger users.
Another notable aspect of Finder Lite is the reliable after-sales customer service provided by FlashForge. They are known to have prompt and helpful replies to customer queries, which gives users peace of mind knowing that they can get help and support if needed.
- Specifically designed for children and beginners
- Brightly colored design that appeals to kids
- The intuitive touchscreen interface
- Quiet operation
- Removable build plate
- Small build volume
- Unheated build platform
- May require additional investment for filaments
Also Read: Best Printer For Cricut
2. Tecqeq Best Mini 3D Printer
- 3D printer for kids and beginners: As an entry-level version,our 3D printer is easy to install and operate, which means beginners don’t have to spend much time of learning to enjoy 3d printing experience, allowing kids and beginners to get involved in the beautiful culmination of creativity and science with 3D Printing.
- Quick assembly & Easy Operating: The mini 3D printer consists of 3 main parts, normally it can be assembled in 5 minutes according to the assembly video (included in TF card and product page). It's easy operating, Power on, Feed, Stop feeding, Start printing, then you just need to wait for your project. You can print the attached model file or download model files online. Note: It will print the latest one if there are multiple model files on the Micro SD card.
- Massive Free Printing Models: We have plenty of models and self-slicing software for download, providing you a better printing experience. Please check the attached user manual to download printing models and software
- Excellent Printing Effect: The mini 3D printer has a printing size of 4×4×4 (100*100*100mm), high printing accuracy, fits 1.75mm diameter PLA and TPU filament. The accuracy is 0.1mm, which allows a smooth and alive printing effect. Its an excellent tool for kids to develop interest and improve spatial imagination and three-dimensional perception.Ideal for school, classrooms, home, offices etc.
- Warranty Service： We provide lifetime warranty coverage. We are ready to provide the awesome 3D printer at a great value and glad to answer your pre-purchase and after-sale questions.If you run into questions,Our US customer service experts are available every day of the week to help
The mini 3D printer is an entry-level version that is designed for kids and beginners. It is easy to install and operate, meaning that beginners don't have to spend much time learning in order to enjoy the 3D printing experience. This allows kids and beginners to get involved in the beautiful culmination of creativity and science with 3D Printing. The printer consists of three main parts and can be assembled in 5 minutes according to the assembly video provided in the TF card and product page.
The printer is easy to operate and comes with a simple process of 'Power on', 'Feed', 'Stop feeding', 'Start printing', after which you just need to wait for your project. You can print the attached model file or download model files online. Note that it will print the latest one if there are multiple model files in the Micro SD card. The printer also comes with plenty of models and self-slicing software for download, providing you a better printing experience.
The mini 3D printer has a printing size of 4"x4"x4" (100x100x100mm), and is high in printing accuracy, fitting 1.75mm diameter PLA and TPU filament. (The Printer is not equipped with filament, it needs to be purchased separately.) The accuracy is 0.1mm, which allows a smooth and alive printing effect. It is an excellent tool for kids to develop interest and improve spatial imagination and three-dimensional perception. It's ideal for school, classrooms, home, offices, etc. The product also comes with lifetime warranty coverage and customer service support. If you run into any questions, our Amazon customer service experts are available every day of the week to help.
- Easy to install and operate, suitable for kids and beginners.
- Quick assembly process, can be assembled in 5 minutes.
- Variety of free printing models and software available for download.
- High printing accuracy and smooth printing effect.
- Lifetime warranty coverage and customer service support available.
- Small printing size of 4″x4″x4″
- Only compatible with 1.75mm diameter PLA and TPU filament.
- Printer does not come with filament, need to be purchased separately.
Also Read: Best Sublimation Printer For T-Shirts
3. Haosegd K1 3D Printer
The Haosegd K1 3D printer is a mini 3D printer that is designed for kids ages 8-10, 12, and 14. With a printing size of 100x100x100MM, it is suitable for home use and is a great option for beginners. It comes with a free PLA filament and has a wide range of applications, such as printing models of toys, art crafts, and little architectural buildings. It has received positive feedback from families all over the world for its safety and environmental-friendliness.
One of the key features of this 3D printer is its smooth and beautiful printing effect. It supports a print size of 100x100x100MM, a PLA filament of 1.75 mm in diameter, and an accuracy of 0.05 mm. The upgraded extruder technology greatly reduces the problem of blocking, resulting in a smoother printing experience. Note that for safety reasons, the bed is not a heating one, but it does not affect the building of models with an operating temperature of 180 degrees.
This 3D printer is easy to operate, with buttons for filament feed-in or draw-out, as well as a start/stop/resume printing function. The user can also set Auto Home with the Home Button. Additionally, it has a cooling fan to dissipate heat and ensure the machine works in a favorable status. The K1 mini desktop 3D printer is also silent, so it will not disturb children's rest while it is working. Technical support and replacement service are also available if needed.
- Suitable for kids ages 8-10, 12, and 14 for education and intelligence development.
- Wide range of applications, such as printing models of toys, art crafts, and little architectural buildings.
- Smooth and beautiful printing effect with a print size of 100x100x100MM and an accuracy of 0.05 mm.
- Easy to operate with buttons for filament feed-in or draw out and start/stop/resume printing function.
- Silent printing, will not disturb children’s rest.
- For safety reasons, the bed is not a heating one, which might affect the building of models with an operating temperature of 180 degrees.
- The product is not compatible with the Mac.
- The product is not providing detailed instructions for assembly and leveling of the printer which might be difficult for beginners.
Also Read: 3D Printer Under 150 Dollars of 2022
4. Anbull Best 3D Printer For Beginners
- 【Heat Dissipation Fan】The build-in heat dissipation fan aligned with 0.4mm nozzle and the 0.75mm*10m PLA filament offer you more delicate moulding and smooth surface.
- 【60℃ magnetic Built Plate】This new 3D printer designed with a preheated 60℃magnetic bed for the easy of non-stick detachment .
- 【Printing】It takes time for the printer to start from strings to layer, and then overlay to physical printing.A very good starter printer. Simply copy the gcode files onto a micro SD card, plug the SD card into the printer, and press the start button without leveling and wait for the printer reaches its operating temperature (180℃). The highest printing speed is up to 40mm/s. ?Please read the instruction carefully before operation.
The Anbull 3D Printer is a beginner-friendly model designed for teens and kids. It features a cooling fan in the nozzle, an upgraded removable hot magnet build plate, and comes with 1.75mmx10m of PLA filament. The printer has a maximum printing size of 3.5 x 4.3 x 4.3 inches, a nozzle diameter of 0.4mm, and a layer thickness range of 0.05-0.4mm. It also has a printing accuracy of 0.05-0.2mm and can be controlled with EasywareNANO Plus, CURA, or Simplify3D slicing software.
The printer has an extruder temperature range of 180-230℃ and a print speed of 10-40mm/s. It supports file formats of STL for input and G-code for output, and can be connected to a computer via TF card or USB cable. It runs on Windows XP/7/8/10 (32-bit/64-bit) and IOS(CURA) operating systems and has a power consumption of 12V, 60W. The machine size is 210188198mm and has a gross weight of 3.2KG, and a net weight of 1.7KG.
- Beginner-friendly design for teens and kids.
- Cooling fan in the nozzle for improved performance.
- Upgraded removable hot magnet build plate.
- Comes with 1.75mmx10m of PLA filament.
- Multiple slicing software options (EasywareNANO Plus, CURA, Simplify3D)
- Limited printing size of 3.5 x 4.3 x 4.3 inches.
- Only compatible with PLA filament.
- Support only windows and IOS (CURA) operation systems.
Also Read: Best Metal 3d Printer 2022
5. XYZprinting Mini Wireless 3D Printer
- Compact and productive: The da Vinci mini is 30％ smaller than da Vinci Jr. 1.0 and has a 5.9 X 5.9 X 5.9 Aluminum printer bed for larger and finer prints
- Connect wirelessly to your home network for easy 3D printing
- The Da Vinci mini filaments are made using PLA plastics derived from corn starch, making them environmental and non-toxic
- The Da Vinci mini streamlines its printing function through a single-button printer design as well as providing different colored LEDs to indicate printing Conditions
- Make your dreams into reality with the FREE downloadable version of XYZmaker 3D modeling design software for beginners. Connector type: Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); USB 2.0
The XYZPrinting Da Vinci Mini Wireless 3D Printer is a fully open-source 3D printer that can print objects up to 6"x6"x6" in size. It is also upgradable to print Metallic/Carbon PLA. The printer offers fast printing speed while maintaining a consistent 200-micron printing resolution. It takes only about 1 minute to heat up the nozzle, and the suggested setting for using PLA/Tough PLA/PETG filament is 245 degrees. The printer has a printing dimension of 5.9’ x 5.9’ x 5.9’ which allows for a wide variety of objects to be printed at a great size.
XYZ Printing is a leading competitor in 3D Additive Manufacturing with over 93 global locations, 108,000 employees, and 8,500 engineers. They offer high-quality printers with cutting-edge technology for a range of projects. The XYZprinting Da Vinci Mini Wireless is easy to use with its Plug & Play feature and no assembly is required. It comes with the newest UI which makes it simple to start your first 3D printing project. You can connect it to your home Wi-Fi network and print household items or toys with your children from anywhere in your wireless network. It weighs less than 18lb and is light enough to easily move around your house. With a 6" x 6" x 6" aluminum print bed, you can print bigger and higher-quality objects on a smaller printer.
- Fully open-source 3D printer with upgradable options for Metallic/Carbon PLA.
- Fast printing speed while maintaining consistent 200-micron resolution.
- Quick nozzle heating time of 1 minute.
- Large printing dimension of 5.9’ x 5.9’ x 5.9’ allows for a wide variety of objects to be printed.
- Plug & Play feature with no assembly required and a user-friendly UI.
- Only works with XYZPrinting 600G NFC filament.
- Limited to a small print size of 6″x6″x6″
- The printer is not suitable for high precision and professional use.
Also Read: Best Cheap 3d Printer Under $100
6. Official Creality Ender Best 3D printer for miniatures
The Creality Ender 3 3D Printer is an entry-level printer that is cost-effective and provides a large build volume of 220 x 220 x 250 mm. The compact design allows it to fit easily in the trunk of a car or back seat, making it a portable option for DIY home and school projects. The printer is made with an all-metal frame and a UL-certified power supply, making it a durable and safe choice for users.
One of the standout features of the Creality Ender 3 is its precision and silence. The CNC-machined Y-axis mounting slot ensures precise positioning of the printer head, while the V-slot POM wheels allow for smooth and silent movement of the nozzle. Additionally, the patented extruder design reduces the risk of a clogged nozzle, eliminating the need for printing tape or glue.
- Cost-effective with unrivaled quality in the entry-level space
- Large build volume of 220 x 220 x 250 mm
- High precision and noiseless operation
- No clogging or warping risk
- Fast heating and resume print feature
- The product is partially assembled, so it may require more assembly than other 3D printers.
- It is an entry-level printer, so it may not have as many features as more advanced models.
- Some users have reported difficulty with leveling the build plate.
Also Read: Best 3d Printer Under 500 Dollar
7. ANYCUBIC Mega S Upgrade FDM Best budget 3D Printer
- WORKS OUT OF THE BOX: 3 steps to set up ANYCUBIC Mega S 3D printer with 8 screws and 3 cables for minutes, not only meets fast assembly needs for expert users but also friendly use to beginners. The rigid metal frame can minimize the shaking to improve the print quality.
- UPGRADED EXTRUDER DESIGN: Titan extruder provides precise extrusion for your 3D printing with solid filament drive and overall mechanical design compatible with most filaments, greatly reducing the clogging risk and improving printing accuracy.
- RESUME PRINT & SENSOR DETECTION: Mega S 3D Printer can resume printing after a power outage or any other unexpected stoppage.One-click to resume from the last recorded position when suffering power outages. And the sensor pauses prints and sets off an alarm when you run out of filament which greatly saves time and cost, printing volume reaches 8.27 x 8.27 x 8.07 inches.
- ANYCUBIC ULTRABASE: Patented 3D printer printing platform surface coated with a patented microporous coating, with excellent adhesion when printing and then effortlessly falls off the bed when it cools to room temp at the end of the print.
- MORE FUNCTION: 1)TFT Touch Screen-As responsive as operating on the phone. 2)All ANYCUBIC 3D printers backed with lifetime technical support and 24 hours professional customer service.
The ANYCUBIC Mega S is a 3D printer that is designed to be easy to set up and use. It comes with 8 screws and 3 cables that can be assembled in just a few minutes, making it suitable for both experts and beginners. With a print volume of 8.27 x 8.27 x 8.07 inches, it is large enough to handle most projects.
One of the key features of the ANYCUBIC Mega S is its upgraded extruder design. The Titan extruder provides precise extrusion for your 3D printing with solid filament drive and overall mechanical design compatible with most filaments, greatly reducing the clogging risk and improving printing accuracy. It works with 1.75mm 3D Printer Filament such as TPU, PLA, ABS, HIPS, WOOD, etc.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Upgraded extruder design for precise extrusion and reduced clogging risk.
- Can resume printing after power outage.
- Sensor detection for filament running out, saving time and cost.
- Patented 3D printer printing platform surface coated with microporous coating for easy release of print.
- It may have limitations on the size of the print.
- It may not be compatible with all filament types.
- It may require some maintenance to keep it running smoothly.
8. Haosegd X1 Best 3D printer for kids
The X1 3D Printer is a mini 3D printer that is suitable for kids ages 8-10, 12, and 14 as well as for beginners. It has a wide range of applications, including printing models of toys, art crafts, little architectural buildings, automotive, and aerospace. The printer is very safe and environmentally friendly, making it a popular choice among families all over the world.
The X1 3D Printer offers a smooth and beautiful printing effect with a print size of 100x100x100mm, a PLA filament of 1.75mm (diameter), and an accuracy of 0.05mm. The upgraded extruder technology greatly reduces the problem of blocking and makes printing smoother. It is important to note that the bed of the printer is not a heating one, but it does not affect the building of models.
The X1 3D Printer is easy to operate with buttons for filament feed-in or draw-out and a Start/Stop/Resume Printing function. The printer also has an Auto Home button and users can contact the company for video instructions for the assembly and leveling of the printer. Additionally, there is a cooling fan for dissipating heat to ensure the machine works in a favorable status. The printer is also designed to work in a quiet mode, so it won't disturb kids during printing.
- Suitable for kids and beginners
- Wide range of applications
- Smooth and beautiful printing effect
- Easy to operate
- Cooling fan for dissipating heat
- The bed is not a heating one
- Users may need to contact the company for video instructions
- May not be suitable for advanced users looking for more advanced features.
Also Read: Best 3D Printers Under $300
9. Flashforge 3D Printer
- 【Auto-leveling】--- We remove the bed springs and add an auto bed leveling sensor to firm the bed which allow us only need to level it for the first time then never worry about it again. Beside, the bed is well leveled in factory, the 3D printing can be started after unpacking, super easy for beginner and kids.
- 【Fully Enclosed & Super Quiet】--- The Adventurer 3C is fully enclosed designed, no wires expose, safe to use. After closing the door, the voice printing is only 45 decibels, super quiet in printing.
- 【Detachable Nozzle Design】--- Supports quick replacement, you don’t need to disassemble the entire nozzle during maintenance, only 3 second then you can replace the nozzle.
- 【Easy To Remove & No Warping】--- The heated build plate is flexible, after 400 hours bending test, it’s still not deformed. Beside, it can be heated up to 60℃, prevent model warping in printing.
- 【The Best Budget 3D Printers】--- Due to a great balance between easy operation and great 3D prints with smooth surface and realistic textures, Adventure 3D is regarded as one of the best budget 3D printers for schools, families and makers.
The FLASHFORGE 3D Printer Adventurer 3C is a fully enclosed FDM machine that comes with a number of features to make 3D printing easy and convenient for beginners and kids. One of the key features is the auto-leveling sensor that allows for easy bed leveling, eliminating the need for frequent adjustments. The bed is also well-leveled in the factory, making it ready to start printing as soon as it is unpacked.
In addition to the easy bed leveling, the Adventurer 3C is also fully enclosed and super quiet while printing. This makes it safe to use and ideal for use in a variety of settings, including schools and homes. The fully enclosed design also helps to keep the noise level to a minimum, with a noise level of only 45 decibels when the door is closed.
The Adventurer 3C also comes with a number of other convenient features, including a detachable nozzle design that allows for quick and easy maintenance, as well as a removable and heated build plate that is flexible and prevents warping during printing. It is also considered one of the best budget 3D printers for schools, families, and makers due to its great balance of easy operation and high-quality 3D prints with smooth surfaces and realistic textures.
- Auto-leveling sensor for easy bed leveling
- Fully enclosed design for safety and quiet printing
- Detachable nozzle for easy maintenance
- Removable and heated build plate that prevents warping
- Considered one of the best budget 3D printers for schools, families, and makers.
- Build volume is limited to 150 x 150 x 150mm.
- The noise level is 45 decibels when the door is closed, which may be too high for some use cases.
- The price is not specified in the product description.
Also Read: Best 3D Printer Under $ 400
Best 3D Printer For Beginners | 2022 Guide
How a 3D printer works
Wanting to simplify as much as possible, to immediately understand how a 3D printer works we can say that in a traditional printer the head moves horizontally using the ink jet to leave lines on a sheet that flows slowly forward, instead of inside a printer. 3D the head moves along the three dimensional axes by superimposing one layer of material on the other following a process called additive type.
In this way the 3D model takes shape one layer at a time and from the bottom up, remaining stationary on the same area - it is, in fact, only the head that moves - and allowing the printer to create a model completely autonomously.
It all starts with the 3D project carried out on the computer, after which the 3D printer is filled with the raw material that you want to use to create the object and, once the printing has started, the extrusion of the material starts which takes place in a similar way. to what a hot glue gun usually does: in fact, the material used for printing - usually plastic - is heated until it melts and comes out in the form of filament through the printing nozzle.
The printer knows exactly where to place the material because it follows the information of the digital file to the letter which is divided into thin cross sections and two-dimensional. The polymer deposited by the nozzle is very thin - 0.1 mm thick - and solidifies very quickly, binding to the underlying layer.
Also Read: Best 3D Printers Under $ 200
How to choose the best 3D printer
Type and filament
Over the years, the technology that underlies the operation of the 3D printer has evolved so much that nowadays different types have been developed , each able to meet different needs of work, precision and create the product. final with a certain material.
Among the various types currently on the market, the most common are:
- Filament 3D Printer (FDM): this is the most popular model especially in the home of fans of this fascinating technology and, as the name suggests, its operation is based on a mechanism that spreads a plastic wire layer by layer according to the model indicated by the software. In this case, the filament deposition manufacturing (FDM) process is used which involves heating the material positioned on the reel, depositing it in layers in order to create a precise model. Filament printers can have only one extruder nozzle or more nozzles, in the first case they will print, as it is easy to guess, with a single color, while in the second case they will print in multiple colors. This type of printer is especially suitable for those who want to start printing three-dimensional objects and get to know this type of technology,
- Resin 3D printer : this type of 3D printer uses resin as an additive material which, unlike plastic wire, has very fast solidification times. This is a very good solution if you want to create objects in a faster and more precise way, but it offers limited solutions as regards the choice of colors available.
- 3D laser printer (SLS) : this is a type suitable for those who want to obtain more professional results given its ability to work with extreme precision. In detail, the material used is in the form of powder which is heated and brought to the ideal temperature by the laser which, once the ideal fusion has been obtained, proceeds with the construction of the object. Another peculiarity of this printer is that not only plastic materials can be used, but also metallic ones declined according to different colors. It is a solution that requires some familiarity with this technology and quite expensive, but it produces really excellent results.
- LOM 3D printer for industrial use : it is, as it is easy to guess, a type of printer destined to produce large products and, also for this reason, its dimensions are important. The LOM (Laminated Objet Manufacturing) manufacturing process is based on the use of thin layers of material that are gradually overlapped.
In our description we have mentioned the filaments several times and, in detail, we have talked about the filament printing which, in essence, is the most widespread and easy to use, especially by newbies. But the materials, or filaments, that can be used in the 3D printer are different and each with specific characteristics.
The main and most common are:
- ABS : it is a type of plastic that melts around 220 ° and offers a good level of rigidity and resistance, but it cannot be used to create objects that will come into contact with food because it is potentially toxic, as well as not being biodegradable.
- PLA : it is a completely natural material obtained from wheat, corn and beet plants, it can therefore be used for the creation of products that will come into contact with food since it is not toxic at all. It is completely biodegradable, but it is not very resistant and fears humidity.
- Composite filaments : more recent, they arise from the union of PLA and other components such as brass, wood or copper.
The accuracy of the 3D printer you are purchasing can be easily detected thanks to the indications offered by the manufacturer and which are essentially based on two values:
- Positioning Accuracy : indicates the precision with which the extruder nozzles move on the work surface.
- Printing Accuracy : indicates the difference in thickness between the digital model and the final 3D printed object.
In any case, the accuracy of the printer is measured in millimeters and choosing one with a resolution of 0.1 mm means that the printed object will be faithful to the digital project to the tenth of a millimeter, essentially without any imperfections.
The print size determines the ability of the 3D printer to create more or less large objects. In this sense, it is obvious that models intended for household products will make smaller objects (usually wide, high and deep between 20 cm and 40 cm) than professional or industrial 3D printers that will produce large objects for more professional uses.
A 3D printer has a fairly slow printing process and can usually be reduced gradually in order to obtain a very precise product.
The printing speed is indicated in mm / s (millimeters per second) and depends on some characteristics such as the material used or the print quality to be obtained. For this reason, retailers usually indicate multiple speed values on the purchase package that can go, for example, from 20 mm / s to 100 mm / s.
Just like with traditional printers, 3D printers also connect to the computer via USB cable or, more easily, via Wi-Fi.
So, when you decide to buy one, it is good to check that it is compatible with the operating system of your PC even if, by now, 3D printers support both Windows and MacOs or Linux.
Structure of the printer
Contrary to what many may think, modern 3D printers have a fairly simple structure . Specifically, the cheaper ones do not have any external protection and, in many cases, the user himself must assemble them, but they have the advantage of being able to be integrated with additional components installed slowly and which make the printer more complete.
On the other hand, models equipped with an external structure are more expensive, but guarantee higher performance, greater safety for the user who is protected from the high temperatures of the nozzle and offer a modern digital display that allows him to always keep the process under control. of printing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to choose a 3D printer?
To choose the first 3D printer, you need to consider some parameters: the type of printer itself and the filament, the precision (positioning and printing), the actual device and printing dimensions, the speed, the compatibility with the PC and the printer structure. On our site you will find the buying guide complete with insights.
How much does a 3D printer cost?
The cost of a 3D printer varies based on a number of variables; making things easier, it is good to distinguish non-professional 3D printers (with a cost of less than € 2,000) and professional ones that have prices starting from this figure. The devices that can be easily purchased on Amazon have a relatively low cost: they start at around € 200.00. The total price goes up based on technical specifications and other features.
Are there cheap 3D printers?
Yes, there are cheap and therefore unprofessional 3D printers. On our site you can read the reviews of the recommended models, both cheap (€ 200.00) and good quality.
Conclusions and final considerations
Thinking about buying a Best 3D Printer For Beginners can prove to be a very suitable choice both for those who intend to use it professionally and for those who are simple technology enthusiasts and want to test themselves with a truly innovative product.
The growing demand for these devices has allowed manufacturers to significantly reduce prices - at least as regards the basic models - thus allowing different categories of consumers to be able to use them. When buying, it is essential to take into consideration some fundamental factors that can help you make the choice that best suits your needs.
For those who are beginners, it is advisable to start with an inexpensive and basic 3D printer and then move on, if the experience was to your liking and you want to improve this technique, to something more advanced and professional.
Leave a Reply