Best 3D Printer For Dentistry | 2022
We will help you first of all in choosing the Best 3D Printer For Dentistry
, with also a practical comparison table of products.
Then we will give you some tips to find everything you need to make the most of it. Ready to start exploring? Here we go!
Also Read: Best Printers For Heat Transfers
Best 3D Printer For Dentistry | 2022 Comparison Table
|FlashForge Adventurer 3 3D Printer Auto Leveling Quick Removable Nozzle High Precision||FlashForge||Check Price|
|Monoprice Mini Delta v2 3D Printer (110 x 120mm) Heated Build Plate, PoloPrint Pro Wi-Fi, Auto Resume, Advanced Gcode Auto Leveling, Open Source, Works with PLA & ABS||Monoprice||Check Price|
|FLASHFORGE Adventurer 4 3D Printer with 2 Removable Nozzle Extruders and Flexible Heating Plates; Auto Leveling Plate; Remote Camera Monitoring; Resume, Accurate, Mute and on Cloud Printing||FlashForge||Check Price|
|Creality Fireproof and Dustproof 3D Printer Warm Enclosure Mini 3D Printer Tent for Ender 3/Ender 3 pro/Ender 3 V2/Ender 5 Pro, Constant Temperature Protective Cover Room||Comgrow||Check Price|
|ANYCUBIC Wash and Cure Station, Newest Upgraded 2 in 1 Wash and Cure 2.0 Machine for Mars Anycubic Photon S Photon Mono LCD SLA DLP 3D Printer Models UV Rotary Curing Resin Box||ANYCUBIC||Check Price|
|Flashforge 3D Printer Adventurer 3C Fully Enclosure FDM Machine, Free Leveling Removable Heated Build Plate and Detachable Nozzle, Touch Screen, Build Volume 150 x 150 x 150mm||Flashforge||Check Price|
|ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X Resin 3D Printer, Large LCD UV Photocuring Fast Printing with 8.9" 4K Monochrome Screen, Matrix UV LED Light Source and WIFI Control, 192(L)x120(W)x245(H)mm / 7.55"x4.72"x9.84"||ANYCUBIC||Check Price|
|R QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3D Printer, Large Size X-Plus Intelligent Industrial Grade 3D Printer with Nylon, Carbon Fiber, PC,High Precision Printing 10.6x7.9x7.9 Inch||R QIDI TECHNOLOGY||Check Price|
|ELEGOO Saturn MSLA 3D Printer UV Photocuring LCD Resin 3D Printer with 4K Monochrome LCD, Matrix UV LED Light Source, Off-Line, and WLAN Print,192x120x200mm / 7.55x4.72x7.87 inches Printing Size||ELEGOO||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best 3D Printer For Dentistry | 2022 Products Overview
1. FlashForge Adventurer 3 3D Printer
- Auto leveling – Removable and Heating bed,much easier to take down models.Its suitable for various 3d printer filament PLA,ABS,PETG filament etc
- Detachable Nozzle – remove the nozzle from extruder just in one push; Stainless steel tube material; Nozzle fast heated to 240°C in 50 seconds.If you need to print high-temperature filaments, you could install a 0.3, 0.4, 0.6mm 265℃ nozzle
- Filament detection function – Printing will be suspended automatically when filament is broken or used up, and printing will be resumed after user replaces the new filament
- Out of the box – Best 3d printers for beginners,super quiet,the sound of operation is 50 decibels. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics
- What you get – Flashforge 3d printer Adventurer 3,12 months warranty, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service
The FLASHFORGE Adventurer 3 3D Printer is a versatile and user-friendly device that offers a range of features to make 3D printing easier and more efficient. One of its key features is the leveling-free build plate, which is pre-leveled in the factory for convenience. The removable and heating bed is also designed to make it easy to take down models, and it is compatible with various 3D printer filaments such as PLA, ABS, and PETG.
The Adventurer 3 also features a new quick detachable nozzle that allows for smoother loading and is more compatible with third-party filaments. The nozzle can be removed from the extruder with just one push, and it is made of stainless steel for durability. The nozzle can also be quickly heated to 240°C in just 50 seconds, making it suitable for printing high-temperature filaments.
- Leveling-free build plate that is pre-leveled in the factory.
- Removable and heating bed for easy model removal.
- Quick detachable nozzle for smoother loading and compatibility with third-party filaments.
- Filament detection function that automatically suspends printing when the filament is broken or used up.
- Super quiet operation with a sound level of only 50 decibels.
- It may not be suitable for printing high-temperature filaments without purchasing additional nozzles.
- Some users may find the factory-leveled build plate is not accurate enough.
- Some users may find the software hard to navigate.
Also Read: Best Printer For Cricut
2. Monoprice Mini Delta v2 3D Printer
- Touchscreen Control, Updated Firmware and UI: You spoke and we listened. Larger icons, clear and concise instructions, and overall quality of life improvements make this 3D printer ideal for beginners and professionals alike.
- Fully assembled: the mp mini delta 3D printer comes fully assembled, ready to print out of the box
- PoloPrint Pro Wi-Fi Connection: Connect to the printer over Wi Fi using the updated PoloPrint Pro app for iOS or Android.
- Open Source Friendly Cura Compatibility: The industry standard firmware is great for people who want to tinker. The printer is compatible with Cura and many other open source 3D printing slicing software packages.
- Quiet Driver Motors: Thanks to quieter driver motors, the Mini Delta V2 operates at a whisper quiet 30dBA, which is considerably quieter than the previous model.
The Monoprice Mini Delta v2 3D Printer is an updated version of the bestselling Mini Delta 3D Printer from Monoprice, a world-renowned brand in 3D printing. This printer comes fully assembled and ready to print out of the box, making it ideal for both beginners and professionals. It features a 110 x 120mm heated build plate, PoloPrint Pro Wi-Fi, Auto Resume, Advanced Gcode Auto Leveling, and is open source friendly with Cura compatibility.
One of the key improvements in the Mini Delta V2 is the touchscreen control, which has been updated with larger icons, clear and concise instructions, and overall quality-of-life improvements. The PoloPrint Pro Wi-Fi connection allows you to connect to the printer over Wi-Fi using the updated PoloPrint Pro app for iOS or Android. The open-source compatibility with Cura and other 3D printing slicing software packages allows users to tinker and customize their prints.
- Fully assembled and ready to print out of the box
- Adaptive touchscreen control with an updated and simplified user interface
- PoloPrint Pro Wi-Fi connection for easy setup and control
- Open source compatibility with Cura and other 3D printing slicing software
- Quiet driver motors for a low-noise operation
- Limited build volume of 110 x 120mm
- Only compatible with PLA and ABS filament
- Some users may find the auto-leveling system still requires some adjustments.
Also Read: Best Sublimation Printer For T-Shirts
3. FLASHFORGE Adventurer 4 3D Printer
- More Extruders Support: Packed with 0.4mm 240℃& 0.4mm 265℃ Extruders and compatible with 0.3/0.4/0.6mm extruders, max temperature 240℃ & 265℃. Quick-release nozzle, patented buckle design, replace in 3 seconds.
- Easier to Use: FREE-level platform, unbox to print, no need to level or adjust platform. auto-detects filament usage status, avoids filament waste, ensures printing efficiency. Compatible with ABS, PLA, PC, PETG, PLA-CF, PETG-CF materials.
- Easier to Print: Magnetic flexible build platform makes easy model removal within 5 seconds; Resume printing will resume 3d printing from power failure. Remote printing control by Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- On Cloud: Manage 3d printers and printable files on cloud platform freely. Built-in-camera could remote, monitor and control 3d printing in FlashPrint slicing software.
- Eco-friendly: Energy-saving mode makes lower power consumption when standby overnight. Easier maintenance with HEPA13 air filter. Packed with 1KG PLA filament.
The FLASHFORGE Adventurer 4 3D Printer is a high-quality, versatile machine that is perfect for both professional and personal use. It features an Auto Leveling Flexible CNC Platform that is composed of CNC installation base leveling and an 8.0mm ultra-flat composite alloy plate. This allows for excellent printing quality and a high success rate, and the platform can be easily folded to remove the creature within 5 seconds.
One of the key features of the Adventurer 4 is its removable nozzle. It comes packed with standard 0.4 240℃ and 0.6 265℃ high-temperature extruders, which are compatible with 0.3/0.4/0.6mm, 240/265℃ extruders. This makes it great for 3D printing ABS, PLA, PC, PETG, PLA-CF, PETG-CF, and other materials. The Adventurer 4 is also easy to use, with a FREE-level platform that requires no adjustments or leveling. It also has an auto-detect filament usage status feature that avoids filament waste and ensures printing efficiency.
The Adventurer 4 also comes with an upgraded air filtration system that includes a HEPA 13 filter, which effectively removes 99% of the smell of TVOC powder and an activated carbon filter. This maintains a higher heat emission efficiency than the Adventurer 3. It also has a built-in HD webcam, which allows you to track the printing progress in real-time. In the event of a power failure or other accident, the Adventure 4 printing can be resumed. With fast printing technology, you will see the results you expect very soon.
- Auto Leveling Flexible CNC Platform for excellent printing quality
- Removable Nozzle for great performance on various materials
- Easy to use with a FREE-level platform
- Upgraded Air Filtration System for removing smells and maintaining heat efficiency
- Built-in HD webcam for real-time progress tracking
- The cost of the printer could be high for some users.
- The process of removing the creature can take up to 5 seconds.
- The machine doesn’t have built-in storage for filament.
4. Comgrow Creality Dustproof 3D Printer
- Constant Temperature: Keep a constant temperature printing environment, reducing the bad impact to printed models when low-temperature weather, improving printing stability.
- Safe to Use: The interior uses pure aluminum film and flame retardant appearance material. Technically, if in a fire, it will melt and not fire itself of the enclosure and will not spread as well.
- Quick and Easy Installation: Folding storage, easy to carry. Multi-faceted observation, reserved tool pockets. Economical 3D printing room.
- Dustproof and good noise reduction.
- Stable Structure: Equipped with a selection of iron pipes, stable structure and abundant space.
The Creality Fireproof and Dustproof 3D Printer Warm Enclosure Mini 3D Printer Tent is designed to provide a constant temperature printing environment for the Creality Ender 3, Ender 3 Pro, Ender 3 V2, Ender 3S, and Ender 5 Pro 3D printers. The enclosure is designed to reduce the impact of low-temperature weather on printed models and to improve bed adhesion at high temperatures, which results in improved printing stability. The enclosure's inner size is 17.522.226.9 inches, providing ample space for the printer and tools.
The enclosure is safe to use, as it is made with pure aluminum film and flame-retardant materials. In case of a fire, the enclosure will melt and not spread the fire, ensuring maximum peace of mind while printing. The enclosure is easy to install, as it can be folded for efficient storage and has pockets to hold necessary tools. The installation process usually takes around 10 minutes.
The enclosure also has extensive functionality, as it is dustproof and has good noise reduction. This helps reduce noise from the printer, and it can also be used as a storage tool to provide a dust-free and clean environment for printers, filaments, and accessories. The enclosure also features a full-time monitoring system, as the front of the enclosure can be easily unzipped to observe the internal situation. The enclosure also has smooth zippers for easy access and is both waterproof and fireproof to protect against accidental water damage.
- Provides a constant temperature printing environment.
- Made with pure aluminum film and flame-retardant materials for safety.
- Easy to install and fold for efficient storage.
- Dustproof and has good noise reduction.
- Has full-time monitoring through a transparent screen on the front of the enclosure.
- Only compatible with specific Creality Ender models.
- May not be suitable for use in extremely high temperatures.
- The zipper may not be as smooth as expected.
Also Read: 3D Printer Under 150 Dollars of 2022
5. ANYCUBIC Best dental 3D printer 2022
- Newest Upgraded and More Convenient: Newest Wash and Cure machine added lens to UV lamp beads, the light source intensity distribution is more uniform, and the surface of the model is smoother. With the 360° automatic rotating curing table and added bottom reflector, the bottom curing has no dead ends, so that the entire model is cured more thoroughly
- 2-In-1 Wash and Cure Station: Dual functions of cleaning and curing can not only remove most of the chemicals, settle scrubbing and mess issues, but also seriously streamline the whole post-processing. Its a professional solution to the messy clean up job of your fabulous prints and also helps reduce the clutter on your desk. 1-60min time adjustable, customize knob cleaning and curing time. Each layer of the 3D printer model can be better cleaned and cured according to your DIY needs
- Widely Compatibility: The ANYCUBIC wash and cure machine is a great addition to most type of regular resin printer, Compatible with most LCD/DLP/SLA 3D printers such as QIDI Shadow, NOVA, Mars series and other regular resin printers with similar build volume size as it does for photon series, this Wash & Cure machine has opened up a whole new world of 3d printing for you and greatly enhance your workflow
- Effective and Diverse Washing Modes: There is a propeller in the bottom of wash cure station when work, it spins the solution like a little tornado and changes spin direction halfway through the wash, which creates the perfect flow to clean every inch of the print. 2 modes of Cleaning: 1. Basket washing, Remove the model and put it into the basket for direct cleaning; 2. Suspension washing, Directly hangs the print platform on the basket or cleaning stand to clean, reducing exposure to resin
- Anti-UV Light Hood: The transparent cover of this wash cure machine can block up to 99.95% of ultraviolet rays with a wavelength of 405nm, thus able to be effective in high resin solidification rate; and this wash and curing box adopts sealed cleaning, which effectively prevents the cleaning agent from splashing and volatilization, and provides more safety.
The ANYCUBIC Wash and Cure Station is a 2-in-1 machine that allows for both the cleaning and curing of 3D-printed models. It has been upgraded with the addition of lenses to the UV lamp beads, making the light source intensity distribution more uniform and resulting in a smoother surface on the model. The 360° automatic rotating curing table and added bottom reflector ensure that the bottom of the model is cured thoroughly.
This machine is compatible with most LCD/DLP/SLA 3D printers and is a great addition to most regular resin printers. The Wash and Cure station streamlines the whole post-processing process by removing most of the chemicals and settling scrubbing and mess issues. It has a 1-60min time adjustable, customize knob cleaning and curing time, so each layer of the 3D printer model can be better cleaned and cured according to your DIY needs.
- Newest upgraded version for better performance
- 2-in-1 machine for both cleaning and curing
- 360° automatic rotating curing table for even coverage
- Adjustable cleaning and curing time for customization
- Anti-UV light hood for safety.
- Only compatible with certain types of 3D printers
- May be messy during the cleaning process
- The machine may not be suitable for large models.
Also Read: Best Metal 3d Printer 2022
6. Flashforge Best 3D printer for surgical guides
- 【Auto-leveling】--- We remove the bed springs and add an auto bed leveling sensor to firm the bed which allow us only need to level it for the first time then never worry about it again. Besides, the bed is well leveled in the factory, the 3D printing can be started after unpacking, super easy for beginners and kids.
- 【Fully Enclosed & Super Quiet】--- The Adventurer 3C is fully enclosed design, no wires exposed, safe to use. After closing the door, the voice printing is only 45 decibels, super quiet in printing.
- 【Detachable Nozzle Design】--- Supports quick replacement, you don’t need to disassemble the entire nozzle during maintenance, only 3 seconds then you can replace the nozzle.
- 【Easy To Remove & No Warping】--- The heated build plate is flexible, after 400 hours bending test, it’s still not deformed. Besides, it can be heated up to 60℃, preventing model warping in printing.
- 【The Best Budget 3D Printers】--- Due to a great balance between easy operation and great 3D prints with smooth surface and realistic textures, Adventure 3D is regarded as one of the best budget 3D printers for schools, families, and makers.
The FLASHFORGE 3D Printer Adventurer 3C is a fully enclosed FDM (fused deposition modeling) machine that features a number of convenient and user-friendly features. One of the most notable of these is the auto-leveling feature, which eliminates the need for manual bed leveling and allows for easy and accurate printing from the very first use. Additionally, the bed comes pre-leveled from the factory, making it easy for beginners and children to get started with 3D printing.
Another key feature of the Adventurer 3C is its fully enclosed design, which keeps the machine safe and secure during use, and also makes for a super quiet printing experience. The noise level during printing is only 45 decibels, which is significantly quieter than many other 3D printers on the market.
- The auto-leveling feature eliminates need for manual bed leveling.
- Fully enclosed design for safe and quiet printing.
- Detachable nozzle design for easy maintenance.
- The heated build plate is flexible and prevents warping.
- Regarded as one of the best budget 3D printers for schools, families, and makers.
- Build volume is limited to 150 x 150 x 150mm.
- The bed leveling sensor may have some issues over time.
- No wireless connectivity options are available.
7. ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X Resin 3D Printer
- 3X Faster Resin 3D Printer: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X 3D printer comes with an 8.9inch 4K Monochrome LCD with an HD resolution of 3840 x 2400, reducing the layer printing time to 1s-2s, 4X faster than Photon. And the max print speed is 60mm/h, 3X faster than other resin 3d printers.
- Larger Printing Volume: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X has a large printing volume of 192mmx120mmx245mm / 7.55x4.72x9.84, you can print multiple models of the same size at one time, saving your time and improving your productivity. Mono X can be set to stop printing immediately after opening the cover, which is safe to operate and see the printing process, Friendly use for beginners, and good performance for the enthusiasts.
- Higher Accuracy and Stronger Stability: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X adopts a new upgrade matrix parallel UV light source, which is more uniform, and can be used with a 4K monochrome screen to achieve ultra-precision printing. The Z-axis utilizes dual linear rails, stepper motor, and clearance nut combination which dramatically improves stability while in motion and reduces the risk of layer shifting.
- APP Remote Control and UV Cooling System: You can monitor the whole UV Photocuring printing progress in real-time and adjust the printing settings with the ANYCUBIC app. Our New UV cooling system contains exclusive UV heat dissipation channels that can efficiently cool down and ensure stable printing performance and longer service life. ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X can bring you the most convenient 3D Printing experience.
- More Function: A. Support Chitu box slicer, B. New UI menu, intuitive and responsive, C. Safe Power Supply, with UL certification. All of our 3d printers provide one month free return and exchange, If you encounter any problems, please feel free to contact us.
The ANYCUBIC Resin 3D Printer, Photon M3 Max, is an SLA LCD UV resin printer that boasts an extraordinary printing size of 11.7'' x 6.5'' x 11.81'', making it the largest one of Anycubic's resin 3D printers so far. Its practical printing volume can accommodate large-scale models, allowing for batch printing and improved production efficiency. The printer also comes with a 13.6'' 7K HD Mono Screen, which allows for precise, large-size printing while maintaining the model's details.
The Photon M3 Max also has a fast printing speed, thanks to its 84 LED lights that are neatly arranged to provide a powerful matrix light source. Each layer's printing time is shortened to 3 seconds, and the printer can achieve a fast printing speed of up to 60mm/h. Additionally, the printer features an automatic resin feeding system with the Anycubic Auto Resin Filler, which can intelligently replenish resin and stop replenishing to reduce printing failures caused by the insufficient resin.
- Large printing size of 11.7” x 6.5” x 11.81”
- Well-defined print details with 13.6” 7K HD Mono Screen
- The fast printing speed of up to 60mm/h
- Automatic resin feeding with Anycubic Auto Resin Filler
- Laser engraving 3D printing platform for an improved success rate
- The cost of replacement parts and resin can be high
- The printer requires regular maintenance and cleaning
- It may require a learning curve to get the best results.
Also Read: Best Cheap 3d Printer Under $100
8. R QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3D Printer
- The X-PLUS 3D Printer Kit comes with two different types of extruder assembly. Extruder A had already been installed on the printer. The max printing temperature is 250C, and it can work well with PLA, ABS, TPU. For extruder B, free to you if you need. The maximum printing temperature is 300C and can print Nylon, Carbon Fiber, PC. (The latest development, free trial).
- The X-PLUS pioneered the creation of two different ways for placing the filament. Ventilative printing or enclosed constant temperature printing for you to choose when printing the different types of filament.
- Latest slicer software version 5.6.4: Redesigned UI interface of QIDI software is smarter and more convenient to operate. It has changed the software slicing algorithm and improved the print quality by 30 percent and speed by 20 percent. The QIDI software is compatible with all types of QIDI printers, lifetime free, an alternative to paid software. (If yours is the old version, please download the latest version on QIDI's official website).
- Double Z-axis driver, ensures more stable and more precise printing quality when you print large model size. Higher configuration 3D printer.
- R QIDI TECHNOLOGY provide a free one-year warranty.
The R QIDI TECHNOLOGY X-PLUSⅡ is a high-performance 3D printer with a large print size of 10.6x7.9x7.9 inches. It features a third-generation extruder assembly with dual-gear extruders for more accurate printing, better heat dissipation, and less clogging. The ordinary extruder has a maximum printing temperature of 250 ℃ and can work well with PLA, ABS, and TPU, while the high-temperature extruder has a maximum printing temperature of 300 ℃ and can print Nylon, PA12-CF, and PC.
The X-PLUSⅡ also has a double Z-axis driver for more stable and precise printing, as well as a filament detection function and the ability to resume printing after a power outage. It also comes with the latest slicer software version 6.3.1, which has a redesigned UI interface and improved slicing algorithm for better print quality and speed. The printer is backed by a one-year warranty and lifetime technical assistance from QIDI TECHNOLOGY's professional after-sale service team.
QIDI TECHNOLOGY is a company with 8 years of experience in developing high-quality 3D printers. Their X series of printers are popular among users and the X-PLUSⅡ model features upgrades such as quiet printing, air purification, Wi-Fi connection, filament runout sensor, one-button quick leveling, and breakpoint printing.
- The large print size of 10.6×7.9×7.9 inches.
- Dual-gear extruders for more accurate printing, better heat dissipation, and less clogging.
- High-temperature extruder for printing advanced materials such as Nylon, Carbon Fiber, and PC.
- Double Z-axis driver for more stable and precise printing.
- Filament detection function and the ability to resume printing after a power outage.
- The product is not specified that it is a plug-and-play device, it may require some configuration to set up.
- Cost may be high for some users.
- The warranty is of one year.
Also Read: Best 3d Printer Under 500 Dollar
9. ELEGOO Saturn MSLA 3D printer for dental lab
- 【Faster printing speed】Saturn 3D printer comes with an 8.9inch 4K Monochrome LCD with an HD resolution of 3840 x 2400, reducing the layer printing time to 2s-3s, which is 60% faster than Mars Pro yet still delivers outstanding printing results.
- 【Larger build volume】Saturn has a large printing volume of 192*120*200mm/7.55in*4.72in*7.87in, and you can print multiple full-sized models at the same time, which can dramatically improve your productivity.
- 【Higher precision and easier printing】Z-axis utilizes a double linear guide-way structure, which can achieve steadier motion and greatly enhanced moving accuracy. With the Ethernet port on the back, Saturn now supports file transfer through your local area network, which is very handy for fast printing.
- 【Quality Prints and Consistent Success】Matrix light source consists of 54 UV LED lights with uniform light emission, ensuring superior print results and more accurate printing size. The set screws on the build plate assure long-lasting leveling, no need for frequent calibration, and the sandblasted surface provides a much stronger adherence, especially when printing large 3D models.
- 【Warranty and Service】We provide a 1-year warranty on the whole printer (4K LCD, FEP film, and tool kit excluded). Replacement parts will be shipped from the overseas warehouse to offer you quality and fast customer service.
The ELEGOO Saturn MSLA 3D Printer is a UV photocuring LCD resin 3D printer with a large build volume of 192 x 120 x 200 mm³. It comes with an 8.9-inch 4K monochrome LCD with an HD resolution of 3840 x 2400, reducing the layer printing time to 2s-3s, which is 60% faster than Mars Pro yet still delivers outstanding printing results. The Z-axis utilizes a double linear guide-way structure, which can achieve steadier motion and greatly enhanced moving accuracy. With the Ethernet port on the back, Saturn now supports file transfer through your local area network, which is very handy for fast printing.
The Matrix light source of Saturn consists of 54 UV LED lights with uniform light emission, ensuring superior print results and more accurate printing size. The set screws on the build plate assure long-lasting leveling, no need for frequent calibration, and the sandblasted surface provides a much stronger adherence, especially when printing large 3D models. The 4K mono display has an HD resolution of 3840*2400, 508 PPI, meaning the XY axis resolution is 50μm or 0.05mm, which ensures a smooth and delicate 3D printed model surface.
- Faster printing speed with 8.9-inch 4K monochrome LCD
- Larger build volume of 192 x 120 x 200 mm³
- Higher precision and easier printing with a double linear guide-way structure
- Quality prints and consistent success with matrix light source
- 1-year warranty on the whole printer
- 4K LCD, FEP film, and tool kit are excluded from the warranty
- Replacement parts may be shipped from an overseas warehouse
- Requires knowledge and experience with resin 3D printing.
Also Read: Best 3D Printers Under $300
Best 3D Printer For Dentistry | 2022 Guide
Today, buying a three-dimensional printer for dentistry is convenient not only from an economic point of view (prices are constantly falling and some models cost a few hundred dollarss), but also from a functional point of view. As we have partly seen, they are able to create objects of all types and shapes, also using materials other than plastic.
Using appropriate 3D models , a 3D printer can be used to build baby's toys, or well-made costume jewelery at home. Or, again, personalized place cards for the 18th birthday party or for weddings. Or give vent to your imagination and make random objects.
How many types of 3D printers are there?
3D printers may seem all the same at first glance. In reality there are several types, which can be used for different purposes.
On a more commercial level there are essentially three different types: the resin or SLA 3D printer, the fused filament deposit 3D printer or FDM, and the selective laser sintering or SLS 3D printer . We briefly describe them below:
Also Read: Best 3D Printer Under $ 400
Resin or SLA 3D printer
Stereolithography 3D printer, known as SLA or resin printer, uses older technology in 3D printing. It was the first technology to appear, but it is still widely used today due to its great versatility and efficiency.
In SLA 3D printers we find a resin tank of photopolymer quality. A laser passes through this tank and performs several steps, creating the 3D image on the printer platform.
It is a printer that offers quality finishes and requires no further post-print processing. It is very useful for making prototypes or small and complex figures. According to the opinions, the disadvantage of this technology is that the resulting pieces have to be washed and require a hardening time.
Fused filament deposit 3D printer or FDM
In printing or fused deposition modeling, in English FDM, a thermoplastic filament is used . This is melted as it passes through a nozzle before being deposited onto a base. Thus the different layers of the piece are formed. The layers that make up the piece are made from the bottom up.
FDM 3D printers are the most popular as they are cheaper and easier to find, as you can see in the comparison table. Their maintenance is minimal and they are also simple to use. It is the ideal technology to get started in the world of 3D printing. This type of printer is usually found in small companies and workshops that have to make some parts or prototypes at low cost.
Selective laser sintering or SLS 3D printer
Selective laser sintering 3D printers, known as SLS, work very similarly to SLA printers. In this case, the laser is used to soften and sinter the material, but without actually melting it. The material used is a polymer powder which is normally nylon.
This printer is used in the creation of parts and prototypes in the industry, because it allows to make small series of products with lower prices. It is also present in educational centers and laboratories.
Also Read: Best 3D Printers Under $ 200
The characteristics of the 3D printer
It represents the maximum surface that can be occupied by the object to be printed. Usually measured in three dimensions ( XYZ , like the names of the corresponding Cartesian axes), today most 3D printers have print areas of at least 15 cubic centimeters. Not very large space but sufficient to make most of the objects that can be produced by domestic devices.
The extruder is the alter ego of the two-dimensional printer head. It is the extruder that melts the plastic material and arranges it layer by layer to give shape to the object to be printed. The size of the extruder nozzle therefore determines the size of the layers and the printing precision of the device.
Most of the commercial printers available today use spools of plastic material ( ABS , Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene ; and PLA , polylactic acid ) made with a 1.75 mm filament. However, spools with 3 mm filament are also available. It should be emphasized that the filament has nothing to do with the size of the layer, which depends (as mentioned) on the extruder.
This parameter defines the speed with which the electric motor of the 3D printer moves the extruder on the worktable. The printing speed can be heavily influenced by the type of material used and the complexity of the model to be made. On average, however, it must not be less than 20 millimeters per minute.
The horizontal resolution of a 3D printer indicates the minimum movement that the extruder can make and, consequently, the minimum level of detail achievable. To obtain objects of fine workmanship, the horizontal resolution must be at least 0.03 mm (that is, a "pixel" of plastic material deposited every 0.03 mm).
Indicates the minimum width of each layer of material deposited by the extruder. The higher the resolution, the less defined the objects produced. A lower value of the vertical resolution does not always translate into a better print quality. In fact, if most of the proposals on the market can easily do their job with this data set at 200 microns , and a part is even able to reach 100 microns, there are other factors that have a decisive influence on the result
One of the main criteria is obviously the type of 3D printer you are looking for. As we have seen, FDM printers are not only inexpensive, but also easy to use. They are therefore the most suitable for beginners and for home use.
This does not mean that even SLA printers can be used without particular problems. However, they are recommended more for those who already have some 3D printing practice and for those looking for more versatility.
3D printers allow us to create objects from an idea, but to do so we need a starting material. The most common on a domestic scale are acrylonitrile butadiene styrene - or ABS - and polylactic acid, or PLA.
ABS is a non-biodegradable, high-strength and hard thermoplastic material. To understand, it is the one used for LEGO bricks. These qualities make it great for professional purposes, but it's hard to work with when you're a beginner. PLA offers better results when you start using a 3D printer and want to make simple parts. It is biodegradable and offers a brighter finish.
The best 3D printers can be used with different materials, but the manufacturer still recommends only one type.
When you think of 3D printing, an infinite number of uses, tests and trials to do and different applications come to mind. However, the print volume places limitations on what can be done .
We may have a great idea but it is impossible to print due to the limited capacity of the chosen 3D printer. Yes, it is true that when possible smaller pieces can be created and then joined together.
However, the end result may not be as pleasant as we would like. You should therefore first consider what you want to produce with the printer of your choice, so that you can opt for a product with the proper print volume.
Where to download the files for the 3D printer?
If you're starting your 3D printing adventure, you already know you need starting points. On the internet you can find sites, forums and communities where you can find guides and tutorials on the different files to use as templates. Among the most known and used sites we find for example Thingiverse (a must, to find many editable files). Cults3d is another comprehensive site that offers a large catalog of both free and paid templates. GrabCAD is a kind of library with more than a million CAD and 3D projects.
Which 3D printer to buy to get started?
As we have already explained in the purchase criteria, the most suitable type for making trials and tests as a beginner is the FDM 3D printer. It is also the most convenient, therefore ideal for those who are not yet sure they want to make a challenging investment. As you could see in our comparison table, they have a remarkable quality-price ratio even with different print volumes.
Is there a 3D printer for wood?
Today you can find 3D printers that allow you to work with wood, copper, bronze and other materials. However, to be precise, it doesn't really print with wood, but with wood filaments. It is basically PLA which contains wood fiber. The final result, once printed, is an object that seems, even to the touch, very similar to real wood.
Leave a Reply