Photo printers have never been so popular, both for convenience and for the prices that have fallen in recent years. With the advent of smartphones and especially the improvement of their photosensors, it is even easier to print your best shots directly at home.
Indeed, the prices of printers specialized in photo printing have come down well since the first models appeared on the market more than ten years ago.
Best Photo Printer For Photographers 2022
Many brands have positioned themselves in the niche and new technologies have emerged with their share of complicated terms for a neophyte. What is the best photo printer or Photographers? What type of device should you invest in your personal situation?
This article aims to answer your questions and especially to guide best photo printer or Photographers you in your research via a comparison of photo printers.
What is a photo printer?
What is a best photo printer or Photographers? A photo printer is a modern, compact, and stand-alone device for printing photographs. Usually, this is a printer that has only one main function: printing photos.
It is only capable of handling A6-size photo paper. To print, the photo printer must be connected to the camera, computer, or phone. The connection can be made by means of a cable or by wireless technology such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Also Read: Best Epson Printer For Sublimation
How does a photo printer work?
To find which is the best photo printer for you, we have carried out a comparative test on many types of products. However, before analyzing external tests, we wanted to know more about how this type of device works.
There are two opposing modes of operation in the field of photo printers, and it is difficult to know which is the better technique of the two.
Some printers use the inkjet technique to print the photos. In this case, the ink is projected precisely onto the paper, so as to reproduce the image to be printed.
Other printers use the sublimation technique. Printing is then done by thermal transfer at high temperatures.
Also Read: Best Printer For Infrequent Use
Best Photo Printer For Photographers | Comparison Table 2022
|Epson SureColor P600 Inkjet Printer||Epson||Check Price|
|Canon TR8620 All-In-One Printer For Home Office | Copier |Scanner| Fax |Auto Document Feeder | Photo and Document Printing | Airprint (R) and Android Printing, Black||Canon||Check Price|
|Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Professional Photographic Inkjet Printer, 17 x 22-Inches||Canon||Check Price|
|Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Wide-Format Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready||Epson||Check Price|
|Canon Pixma Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer with Airprint and Mobile Device Printing||Canon||Check Price|
|Epson Expression Photo XP-970 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier||Epson||Check Price|
|Epson Expression Premium EcoTank Wireless 5-Color All-in-One Supertank Printer with Scanner, Copier and Ethernet||Epson||Check Price|
|HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer with Wireless Printing, HP Instant Ink ready, Works with Alexa (K7R96A)||HP||Check Price|
|Canon TS9120 Wireless Printer with Scanner and Copier: Mobile and Tablet Printing, with Airprint and Google Cloud Print compatible, Gray||Canon||Check Price|
|DNP DS620A Dye Sub Professional Photo Printer, Print Sizes: 2x6 to 6x8||DNP||Check Price|
|Kodak Mini 2 HD Wireless Portable Mobile Instant Photo Printer, Print Social Media Photos, Premium Quality Full Color Prints – Compatible w/iOS & Android Devices (White)||KODAK||Check Price|
|Fujifilm Instax SP-3 Mobile Printer - White||Fujifilm||Check Price|
|Epson SureColor P700 13-Inch Printer,Black||Epson||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Photo Printer For Photographers | 2022 Products Overview
1. Epson SureColor P600 Inkjet Printer
- Brand Epson, Model C11CE21201
- Packaged Quantity: 1 Pack, Product Type: Inkjet Printer, Recommended Use: Photo/Disc Print, Print Color Capability: Color, Maximum Print Resolution: 5760 x 1440 dpi,
- Wireless Print Technology: Epson iPrint, Wireless Print Technology: Apple AirPrint, Wireless Print Technology: Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Print Technology: Google Cloud Print, Duplex Printing: Automatic, Color Cartridge Type: Individual Color Cartridge,
- Number of Colors: 9, Mobile Device Printing: Yes, USB: Yes, USB Standard: USB 2.0, Ethernet: Yes, Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet, Wireless LAN: Yes, Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11n, Screen Size: 3.5, Display Screen Type: LCD, Borderless Printing: Yes,
- Media Type: Plain Paper, Media Type: Photo Paper, Media Type: Canvas, Media Type: Cut Sheet, Media Type: Fine Art Paper, Media Type: Panoramic, Media Type: Roll Paper, Media Type: Glossy Photo Paper, Media Type: CD/DVD,
The Epson SureColor P600 Inkjet Printer (Model C11CE21201) is a high-performance photo and disc printing solution, packaged as a single unit. It boasts a maximum print resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi, allowing for incredibly detailed and vibrant prints. The printer also supports a wide range of media types, including plain paper, photo paper, canvas, fine art paper, and glossy photo paper, as well as the ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
In terms of connectivity, the printer offers wireless printing options through Epson iPrint, Apple AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct, and Google Cloud Print. It also features an Ethernet connection and fast Ethernet technology for wired networking. Additionally, the printer has a built-in wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11n) and USB 2.0 port for easy connectivity to laptops and other devices.
- High print resolution for detailed and vibrant prints.
- Supports a wide range of media types.
- Multiple wireless printing options.
- Ethernet and USB connectivity.
- Automatic duplex printing.
- Not specified if it has a high-volume paper tray.
- Not specified if it can handle cardstock or other specialty papers.
- Not specified if it has a color touchscreen display.
Also Read: Best Dtg Printer For Small Business
2. Canon TR8620 All-In-One Printer For Photographer
The Canon TR8620 All-in-One Printer is a versatile and easy-to-use printer that is perfect for any home office. With its intuitive control and effortless user interface, this printer is easy to set up and can be used with both smartphones and computers. The 4.3" LCD touchscreen makes it easy to navigate through the printer's various functions, including copying, scanning, and faxing.
The 20 Sheet Auto Document Feeder (ADF) allows you to quickly and easily fax, copy and scan multi-page documents. Additionally, the Canon TR8620 All-in-One Printer also allows for mobile printing through the Canon PRINT app, Apple AirPrint, and Mopria. This means you can print from your favorite mobile devices with just a few simple steps.
In addition to its many features, the Canon TR8620 All-in-One Printer also offers cost-saving options such as auto 2-sided printing, which can save up to 50% of your paper costs. Moreover, You can also print your photos right from your SD memory card, or use the Easy-PhotoPrint Editor app or Canon Creative Park App for creative printing options.
- Easy to set up and use with smartphones and computers.
- Intuitive control with an effortless user interface and 4.3″ LCD touchscreen.
- Can fax, copy and scan multi-page documents quickly and easily with the 20 Sheet Auto Document Feeder (ADF).
- Allows for mobile printing through the Canon PRINT app, Apple AirPrint, and Mopria.
- Auto 2-sided printing can save up to 50% on paper costs.
- Technical specification list for product might be difficult to understand for some users.
- It does not support Wireless direct printing.
- Connectivity technology is Ethernet only.
Also Read: Best Printer For Waterslide Decals
3. Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Professional Photographic Inkjet Printer
- Anti-Clogging Technology: The Fine print head institutes a tubular ink delivery system, this generates faster print speeds and reduces the possibility of clogging.
- Air Feeding System: The Canon Air Feeding System prevents each page from skewing for accurate ink placement, regardless of paper type. A series of openings located on top of the platen vacuum-grip the paper as it feeds through the printer.
- Lucia Pro Ink System: The Lucia Pro 11-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system satisfies the demands of the most critical photographer or graphic artist. Denser droplet placement provides a broader color gamut for superb glossiness/anti-bronzing.
- Wide Color Gamut: This 11-color and Chroma Optimizer ink system helps to achieve an improvement in color-reproduction, image clarity, and enhanced darker areas. It faithfully reproduces colors and dark areas crucial for printing works of art.
- Black Density and Dark Shadow Areas: Deep blacks, which make the image crisp, and precise gradation can be attained across all media types. 17 x 22 Bordered Photo
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is a professional-grade photographic inkjet printer that is able to print large-format prints up to 17 x 22 inches in size. One of the key features of this printer is its anti-clogging technology, which utilizes a tubular ink delivery system to generate faster print speeds and reduce the risk of clogging. Additionally, the printer also features an air feeding system that prevents pages from skewing, ensuring accurate ink placement regardless of the paper type.
The Lucia Pro 11-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system is another standout feature of the canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000. This advanced ink system is designed to meet the demands of even the most critical photographers and graphic artists. The system provides denser droplet placement, resulting in a broader color gamut for superb glossiness and anti-bronzing.
- Anti-clogging technology for faster print speeds and reduced risk of clogging.
- Air feeding system prevents skewing for accurate ink placement.
- Lucia Pro 11-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system provides a broader color gamut for superb glossiness and anti-bronzing.
- Wide color gamut for improved color reproduction, image clarity, and enhanced darker areas.
- Capable of producing deep blacks and precise gradation across all media types.
- The 17″x22″ print size may be too large for some users’ needs
- The printer is designed for professionals and may be expensive for some home users.
- It is a large printer and may take up a lot of space.
4. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Wide-Format Printer For Photographers
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink; Cartridges described as Compatible, Re manufactured, refilled or refillable may not work properly or at all; See product description for more details
- Professional ultra HD photo quality get brilliant border less prints upto 13 inches X 19 inches
- Individual 6 color Claria photo HD ink includes red and gray inks for an ultra wide color gamut and enhanced black and white prints. Sound pressure level: Pressure: 49 dB(A)
- Professional projects: Made easy features a 50 sheet rear tray for specialty media, including cardstock (1); Accommodates a variety of paper finishes and border less sizes from 4 inches X 6 inches To 13 inches X 19 inches
- Ultra compact wide format A3+ printer 30 percent smaller than its predecessor (2); Easily fits on your desktop
- Convenient printing features supports auto 2 sided document printing, with a 200 sheet front tray
- Never run out of ink again printer features Dash Replenishment which, after activation, keeps track of your ink usage and orders more from when you are running low
The Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 is a wireless color wide-format printer that is Amazon Dash Replenishment ready. The Epson printing system is designed to be used exclusively with Epson Genuine Cartridges. Using non-genuine ink could cause damage not covered under the printer’s limited warranty. The package includes the printer, a CD-ROM for product setup, a power cord, and several Claria Photo HD ink cartridges in various colors.
This printer boasts professional ultra HD photo quality, allowing for brilliant borderless prints up to 13 inches by 19 inches. It also has an individual 6 color Claria photo HD ink system, which includes red and gray inks for an ultra wide color gamut and enhanced black and white prints. The sound pressure level of the printer is 49 dB(A)
The printer also has convenient features for professional projects, including a 50 sheet rear tray for specialty media, such as cardstock. It can accommodate a variety of paper finishes and borderless sizes from 4 inches by 6 inches to 13 inches by 19 inches.
- Professional ultra HD photo quality for brilliant borderless prints.
- Individual 6 color Claria photo HD ink system for an ultra wide color gamut and enhanced black and white prints.
- A 50-sheet rear tray for specialty media, including cardstock.
- Accommodates a variety of paper finishes and borderless sizes.
- Ultra-compact wide format A3 plus printer, 30% smaller than its predecessor.
- Epson printing system is designed to be used exclusively with Epson Genuine Cartridges, using non-genuine ink could cause damage.
- The sound pressure level of the printer is 49 dB(A)
- The printer can only connect to internet via wifi, no Ethernet port available.
5. Canon Pixma Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer with Airprint For Photographers
- 8 Dye based inks for amazing gradients and color, 3 of which are dedicated grayscale inks for beautiful black & white prints
- The Optimum Image Generating System reproduces colors as you intend them by logically selecting the optimum ink combination and placement. Output tray capacity auto sheet feeder: 150 sheets of plain paper; 20 sheets photo paper (4x6); 10 sheets (letter/8x10); 1 sheet (A3+). Manual feeder: 1 sheet of photo paper (all sizes)
- Compatible with individual CLI 42 ink tanks (Black, gray, light gray, cyan, photo cyan, magenta, photo magenta, yellow). Save even more on value packs. Only replace the inks that run out
- 4800 x 2400 dots per inch with fine technology for incredible detail. Print your vision up to 13 inches x 19 inches: Print professional quality photos on various media up to 13 inches x 19 inches
- Weight: 43.2 in bullet point. Number of nozzles: 6,144. Number of nozzles: 768 per color 6144 total
The Canon Pixma Pro-100 is a wireless color professional inkjet printer that is designed for professional photographers and graphic artists. It is equipped with 8 dye-based inks that produce amazing gradients and colors, including 3 dedicated grayscale inks for beautiful black-and-white prints. The Optimum Image Generating System reproduces colors as you intend them by logically selecting the optimum ink combination and placement.
This printer has a high output tray capacity, with an auto sheet feeder that can hold up to 150 sheets of plain paper, 20 sheets of photo paper (4x6), 10 sheets of letter/8x10, and 1 sheet of A3 paper. It also has a manual feeder that can hold 1 sheet of photo paper of all sizes.
- 8 dye-based inks for amazing gradients and color.
- 3 dedicated grayscale inks for beautiful black & white prints.
- High output tray capacity.
- Compatible with individual CLI 42 ink tanks.
- 4800 x 2400 dots per inch with fine technology for incredible detail.
- The printer is relatively heavy, weighing 43.2 pounds.
- It only has a manual feeder for single sheets of photo paper.
- It may be expensive for some users.
Also Read: Best Printer for Vehicle Wraps 2022
6. Epson Expression Photo XP-970
- Form Factor: Premium Photo Printer
- Max Printspeed Black White: 8.5
- Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier
- Producing stunning, borderless photos up to 11 x 17,
- Astounding vibrancy with 6-color Claria
- Capable of printing at fast rates of 8.5 ppm in black or 8 ppm in color
- Wide-format Printing
- Produce superior, long-lasting, glossy photos
- Best Budget Printer For Professional Photographers
The Epson Expression Photo XP-970 is a wireless color photo printer that also includes a scanner and copier. The Epson printing system is designed to work specifically with Epson Genuine Cartridges and using non-genuine ink could cause damage not covered under the printer's limited warranty. The printer has a maximum print speed of 8.5 pages per minute for black and white documents.
The package includes the Expression Photo XP-970 Small-in-One printer, a CD-ROM for product setup, a power cord, a maintenance box, and six Claria Photo HD 277 Ink cartridges (1 black, 1 cyan, 1 magenta, 1 yellow, 1 light cyan, and 1 light magenta). The printer is capable of producing professional quality.
- Capable of producing professional-quality, wide-format photos up to 11″ x 17″.
- Uses 6-Color Claria Photo HD ink for stunning and vibrant photos
- Fast, compact printer that can deliver 4″ x 6″ photos in as fast as 11 seconds.
- Includes a 4.3″ touchscreen for PC-free printing.
- Specialty media support for even more creative flexibility.
- Only compatible with Epson-brand cartridges, which could be more expensive.
- Specialty paper support is only accommodated through rear paper feed.
- Smartphone and tablet printing requires an internet connection and compatible device.
Also Read: How To Make Prints of Watercolor Paintings
7. Epson Expression Premium EcoTank Wireless 5-Color All-in-One
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience. Non-Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson warranty.
- Cartridge-free printing — comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box (1).
- Includes enough ink to print documents up to 14,000 pages black/9,000 color (3) — equivalent to about 30 ink cartridge sets (2).
- Save up to 80 percent on ink with low-cost replacement bottles (4) — plus easy-to-fill, supersized ink tanks.
- 5-color inks — for printing high-quality documents and photos up to 11 x 17. Maximum Print Resolution: 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
- Versatile paper handling — dedicated paper and photo trays, plus a rear specialty feed (6). Server Systems: Windows Server 2003 – Windows Server 2016
- Supertank Printer with Scanner, Copier and Ethernet
The Epson Expression Premium ET-7700 EcoTank is a wireless all-in-one supertank printer that comes with a scanner, copier, and Ethernet connectivity. Epson strongly recommends the use of genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience and notes that non-Epson inks and inks not formulated for this specific printer may cause damage not covered by the Epson warranty.
This printer is cartridge-free, and comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box, enough to print up to 14,000 pages in black or 9,000 pages in color, equivalent to about 30 ink cartridge sets. With this printer, you can save up to 80 percent on ink with replacement bottles, plus the easy to fill, supersized ink tanks.
The Epson Expression Premium ET-7700 EcoTank features 5 color inks, allowing for high-quality document and photo printing up to 8.5" x 11". It has versatile paper handling with dedicated paper and photo trays.
- Wireless all-in-one with scanner, copier, and Ethernet connectivity.
- Comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box.
- Can save up to 80% on ink with replacement bottles.
- Easy to fill, supersized ink tanks.
- High-quality document and photo printing up to 8.5″ x 11″ with 5 color inks.
- Non-Epson inks may cause damage not covered by warranty.
- Requires replacement bottles for ink.
- May have a higher upfront cost.
8. HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer For Photographers
- Stunning photos for less than 5 cents – Features of this photo printer include print, scan, copy, fax, borderless and wireless printing, SD card slot, auto document feeder, plus photo prints for less than 5 cents with HP Instant Ink (subscription required)
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand – Mobile printing from your device such as iPhone with AirPrint, or print without a network using Wireless Direct printing
- Wireless connectivity you can count on – Reliable wireless connectivity and lightning-fast setup with dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart, plus Ethernet capability for wired networking
- Our most powerful printing app ever – The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up this wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- HP Instant Ink: Ink delivery service starting at three dollars per month; Original HP ink delivered before you run out; plus great savings on ink (optional)
- Print directly from SD card OR USB – Insert your SD card or USB to view, edit, and print directly from the color touchscreen using dedicated paper trays that automatically adjust to match print settings and paper type
- Wide range of paper size support – Supports letter, legal, 4x5 in, 4x6 in, 5x7 in, 8x10 in, No 10 envelopes
- One-year limited hardware warranty – 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support; this HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One replaces the HP ENVY 7640 All-in-One
The HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Photo Printer is a versatile and reliable wireless printer that offers stunning photo prints for less than 5 cents with the optional HP Instant Ink subscription service. It features a range of useful functions, such as print, scan, copy, fax, borderless printing, and an SD card slot, as well as an auto document feeder. Additionally, the printer features wireless connectivity options such as dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Smart, and Ethernet capability, allowing for lightning-fast setup and reliable connections.
The printer also has a user-friendly interface and can be easily set up and controlled through the HP Smart app, which allows you to print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox. The app also allows you to scan documents with your camera and print directly from your mobile device using AirPrint.
- Prints stunning photos for less than 5 cents with HP Instant Ink subscription.
- Features a wide range of functions, including print, scan, copy, fax, and borderless printing.
- Reliable wireless connectivity and lightning-fast setup with dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart.
- User-friendly interface through the HP Smart app.
- Print directly from SD card or USB, and support a wide range of paper size.
- Required HP Instant Ink subscription for low-cost photo printing.
- Limited to use with cartridges with original HP chips or circuitry.
- Periodic firmware updates may be required to maintain the effectiveness of the measures.
Also Read: Best Printer For Giclee Prints
9.Canon TS9120 Wireless Printer with Scanner and Copier For Photographers
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will impress; From stunning photographs to detailed documents, put the 6 color individual ink system to work and never compromise on speed or quality
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease; Print hassle free whether from the cloud, through Bluetooth, from social media or even on the go
- The PIXMA TS9120 Wireless printer is the all in one that fits perfectly anywhere in the home, and looks great with any decor thanks to its two tone design and multiple color options
- With intuitive features like the 5.0 inches LCD touchscreen and enhanced user interface, Bluetooth printing, & document removal reminder, its clear to see why the Pixma TS9120 makes printing a breeze
- The Pixma TS9120 is always ready to print with its Auto Expandable Output Tray; Print Resolution (Up to): Up to 4800 x 1200 dots per inch
- Mobile and Tablet Printing, with Airprint and Google Cloud Print compatible, Gray
The Canon TS9120 is a wireless all-in-one printer that offers high-quality prints for photos and documents. It features a 6-color individual ink system that ensures speed and quality are not compromised. The printer is also compatible with various devices such as smartphones, tablets, and more, with easy connectivity options like Airprint and Google Cloud Print.
The printer is designed to fit seamlessly into any home decor with its two-tone design and multiple color options. The 5.0" LCD touchscreen and enhanced user interface make it easy to use and the Bluetooth printing feature allows for easy printing from your favorite devices. Additionally, the printer has an auto expandable output tray and a document removal reminder to make your printing experience as smooth as possible.
- High-quality prints for photos and documents with 6-color individual ink system.
- Compatible with various devices such as smartphones, tablets, and more.
- Sleek design that fits well with any home decor.
- User-friendly interface with a 5.0″ LCD touchscreen and Bluetooth printing feature.
- Auto expandable output tray and document removal reminder for a smooth printing experience.
- The cost of ink may be high
- It may not be the fastest printer on the market
- It may not have the most advanced features for professional use.
11. DNP DS620A Dye Sub Professional Photos
- DNP DS620A Printer - 4 x 6 Print Catcher - 5 x 7 Spacer - USB Cable - Power Cord - Driver CD - DNP Limited 3 Year Advanced Exchange Warranty
- Resolution: 300 x 300 dpi
- Print Size: 4x 6, 5x 7, 6x 8
- Print Speed: 8.3 sec/print (4x 6) 14.1 sec/print (5x 7) 15.7 sec/print (6x 8)
- Paper: 400 sheets/roll (4x 6) 230 sheets/roll (5x 7) 200 sheets/roll (6x 8)
The DNP DS620A is a professional-grade photo printer that is capable of producing high-quality prints in a variety of sizes, including 2x6, 4x6, 5x7, and 6x8. With a resolution of 300x300 dpi, this printer produces crisp, clear images with vibrant colors and a high gloss finish. With print speeds of 8.3 seconds for 4x6 prints, 14.1 seconds for 5x7 prints, and 15.7 seconds for 6x8 prints, the DS620A is one of the fastest professional photo printers on the market, capable of producing up to 400 prints per hour.
The DS620A also comes equipped with a variety of features that make it an ideal choice for professional photographers, including a watermark on the back of each print, multiple format options, and the ability to produce glossy or matte prints depending on your needs. Additionally, this printer is environmentally friendly, with optimized energy consumption and minimized media waste.
- Fast printing speed, capable of producing up to 400 prints per hour.
- High resolution of 300×300 dpi for clear and vibrant images.
- Multiple format options, including 2×6, 4×6, 5×7, and 6×8.
- Watermark feature on the back of each print.
- Environmentally friendly with optimized energy consumption and minimized media waste.
- Only supports specific print sizes.
- Print speed may be slower for larger sizes.
- Advanced status information can be accessed, but not detailed.
12.Kodak Mini 2 HD Wireless Portable Mobile Instant Photo Printer
- Easy print technology – mini smartphone printer lets you print 2. 1 x 3. 4” photos direct from Android or iOS device; No cables or buttons necessary
- Wireless connectivity – NFC one touch for Android Launches Kodak app to print in seconds; also compatible with iOS/Android via Bluetooth
- HIGH QUALITY PHOTOS – Innovative 4 PASS D2T2 Dye Transfer Method Produces Beautiful, Detailed Black/White or Color Portraits That Dry Instantly & Stay Bright Up to 10 Yrs
- All-in-one Convenience – innovative Kodak MC Cartridges combine paper & color ink for easy maintenance; purchase Refills in increments of 20, 30 or 50
- Free companion app – download the Kodak photo Printer app for filters, Cropping, stickers, card Templates, ID photo print, video & SNS print & More
The Zink Kodak Mini 2 HD Wireless Portable Mobile Instant Photo Printer is a compact and easy-to-use device that allows you to print high-quality photos directly from your Android or iOS device. With its easy print technology, you can print 2.1 x 3.4-inch photos without the need for cables or buttons. Simply use NFC one-touch for Android to launch the Kodak app and print in seconds. This printer is also compatible with iOS/Android via Bluetooth for added convenience.
The 4 PASS D2T2 Dye Transfer Method used in this printer produces beautiful, detailed black and white or color portraits that dry instantly and stay bright up to 10 years. This ensures that your memories will be preserved in high-quality prints that can be shared with friends and family. The all-in-one convenience of this printer is also a standout feature. The innovative Kodak MC cartridges combine paper and color ink for easy maintenance, and you can purchase refills in increments of 20, 30, or 49.
The Zink Kodak Mini 2 HD Wireless Portable Mobile Instant Photo Printer also comes with a free companion app that can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. The Kodak Photo Printer App offers a wide range of features such as filters, cropping, stickers, card templates, ID photo print, video, and SNS print. This allows you to enhance your photos and add a personal touch before printing.
- Easy print technology for direct printing from Android or iOS devices.
- Wireless convenience with NFC one-touch and Bluetooth compatibility.
- High-quality photos with innovative 4 PASS D2T2 Dye Transfer Method.
- All-in-one convenience with Kodak MC cartridges.
- Free companion app with various editing features.
- Only prints small 2.1 x 3.4-inch photos.
- Refills only available in specific increments.
- Prints dry instantly but not water resistant.
Also Read: Best Printer For Barcode Labels
13. Epson SureColor P700 Best professional photo printer
- Outstanding image quality and color — all-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet produces a wide color gamut for vibrant and rich colors
- No Photo and Matte Black ink switching — dedicated nozzles for both black ink types — no switching needed
- New 10-channel MicroPiezo AMC printhead — consistently delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy
- Easy printing from smart devices — print color-managed files directly from your iOS device (1) using an easy-to-use interface
- New Carbon Black Driver Technology — all-new Carbon Black Driver mode dramatically increases Dmax for best-in-class black density on glossy papers
- Professional media handling — accommodates rolls (2) and sheet media up to 1.5 mm thick of Epson Professional, Signature Worthy and Legacy papers as well as third-party media
- Easy to use — features 4.3 customizable touchscreen, wireless connectivity and interior LED light for fast, convenient operation
- Compact design — 23 percent smaller than our previous generation
- Industry-leading print permanence — creates prints that last up to 200 years in color and 400 years in black-and-white (currently in testing) (3)
- Designed for use exclusively with Epson cartridges*.
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi
The Epson SureColor P700 is a 13-inch printer that boasts outstanding image quality and color. This is achieved through the use of the all-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet, which produces a wide color gamut for vibrant and rich colors. The printer also features dedicated nozzles for both Photo and Matte Black ink types, eliminating the need for switching between the two.
One of the key features of the Epson SureColor P700 is its new 10-channel MicroPiezo AMC printhead. This advanced technology consistently delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy. Additionally, the printer allows for easy printing from smart devices, such as an iOS device, using an easy-to-use interface.
The Epson SureColor P700 also offers professional media handling, accommodating rolls and sheet media up to 1.5 mm thick of Epson Professional, Signature Worthy and Legacy papers as well as third-party media. The printer is also designed with user convenience in mind, featuring a 4.3" customizable touchscreen, wireless connectivity and interior LED light for fast, convenient operation. The printer is also 23 percent smaller than the previous generation. It is designed for use exclusively with Epson cartridges. The printer is also designed to create prints that last up to 200 years in color and 400 years in black-and-white (currently in testing).
- Outstanding image quality and color with UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet
- No need for Photo and Matte Black ink switching
- Consistent and accurate prints with 10-channel MicroPiezo AMC printhead
- Easy printing from smart devices
- Professional media handling and user-friendly features such as 4.3″ customizable touchscreen and wireless connectivity.
- Designed for use exclusively with Epson cartridges.
- Industry-leading print permanence still in the testing
- The printer is 23 percent smaller than the previous generation.
How to Choose The Best Photo Printer For Photographers | 2022 Guide
What types of photo printers are there?
Inkjet Photo Printer
What types of photo printers are there? The inkjet photo printer is one of the most popular in France. It projects fine droplets of ink onto the photo paper to form an image.
The main advantage found in our comparative test for this type of printer is that it is cheaper to buy. It also offers photo quality with an elegant grain.
Thermal sublimation photo printer
This is the best technology available on the market. It heats the ink to a very high temperature, in successive layers, in order to form the desired image.
This type of printer provides good image quality. The impressions are sharp. In addition, the waiting time to print a photograph is very short. As the ink is used at high temperatures, it is sublimated and dries instantly.
Although the purchase price of a thermal sublimation printer is higher, the purchase can quickly pay for itself thanks to the cartridges which have better autonomy.
This is how the photo printer is tested
To paint the picture as clear as possible, we decided to rate the best photo printers on various criteria. These tests were carried out externally and listed by our experts for comparison with consumer reviews. What are the criteria to take into account to find the best photo printer for photographers on the market?
- Print quality: To find the printer that has the best print quality, we studied the delta E of each product during our comparison. This delta E defines the difference between the original color of the image and the color obtained on the paper. The smaller the Delta E, the better the print quality.
- Format: Conventional photo printers can only print A6 formats. The best photo printers on the market can also print A4 or A5 formats.
- Print speed: The print speed was also taken into account in our comparative test so that you can have access to the fastest models on the market. To find out the printing speed of a device, simply divide the total printing time for a large number of photos by the number of prints printed.
What is the best photo printer for photographers in 2022?
To find the photo printer that meets the photographer's expectations, take a look at our comparison test. This brings together external tests and consumer reviews to help you make your choice.
Why buy a photo printer?
A photo printer offers fast and efficient printing of photographs. These devices have good battery life and offer high-quality print speed and definition.
What is a photo printer used for?
A photo printer can print quality photos from many types of devices, whether you are at home or not.
Can photo printers print documents?
No, most photo printers cannot print documents.
Can we carry a photo printer?
Yes, it is possible to carry a photo printer. Many devices have a battery that makes it easy to use the printer on vacation or even in the car.
Can I use a photo printer to print from my smartphone?
Yes, it is possible to use a photo printer found on our comparison test to print from your smartphone. To do this, simply connect the smartphone to the printer by cable, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi.
Which device should I use to print to a photo printer?
Various technological devices can be used to print on a photo printer. Most of the models in our comparison support connection to a tablet, smartphone, computer, or digital camera.
Are there wireless photo printers?
Yes, there are many wireless photo printers. They are very useful for quickly printing a photo taken from your phone or tablet.
Where to buy a photo printer?
It is possible to buy a photo printer online or in specialized stores. However, buying online through a comparison like ours allows you to get the greatest variety of models and the best prices.
What are the options for a photo printer?
A photo printer can print photos in color or black and white. Most recent models allow you to resize photos and make minor edits.
Leave a Reply