The printer is now one of the most used output devices at home and in the office, for any task: copier, color printing, document printing. If you are looking for a complete guide dedicated to the best printer, you are in the right place: we have selected the best printer for envelopes for you to buy!
Best Printer For Envelopes
How much do you want to spend? Below we have collected the best printers by price range: some printers are laser, others color, and often the price difference is in features such as the presence of WiFi, scanner, copier, and much more. So if you don’t know which printer to buy, here’s how to choose the right one and the best ones selected
Also read: Best Printer For Book Printing
Best Printer For Envelopes | 2023 Comparison Table
|Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4730 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner with Wi-Fi Direct, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready||Epson||Check Price|
|Brother MFC-J5830DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Wireless Connectivity, Automatic Duplex Printing, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready||Brother||Check Price|
|HP OfficeJet 200 Portable Printer with Wireless & Mobile Printing (CZ993A)||HP||Check Price|
|Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer with Duplex Printing||Brother||Check Price|
|Canon Office and Business MX922 All-In-One Printer, Wireless and mobile printing||Canon||Check Price|
|HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer with Wireless Printing, Works with Alexa (G5J38A)||HP||Check Price|
|Brother Premium MFC-L2690DW Series Compact Monochrome All-in-One Laser Printer | Print Copy Scan Fax | Wireless | Mobile Printing | Auto 2-Sided Printing | ADF | 26 ppm |||Brother||Check Price|
|HP Neverstop 1001nw Wireless Mono Laser Printer with Cartridge-Free Toner Tank, comes with up to 5,000 pages of toner in the box (5HG80A)||HP||Check Price|
|Lexmark CS421DN COL LASERPR 25PPM 1200DPI USB||Lexmark||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Printer For Envelopes | 2023 Products Overview
1. Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4730 Best printer for envelopes 2022
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink. Cartridges described as Compatible, Remanufactured, refilled or refillable may not work properly or at all. See product description for more details.
- Get performance beyond laser — the workforce Pro wf-4730, powered by Precision Core.
- Lightning fast Color Print speeds — fastest in its class (1); 20 ISO ppm (black) and 20 ISO ppm (color) .
- Easy on the budget — up to 50 percent lower printing costs vs. Color laser (2).
- Never run out of ink again - printer features Dash Replenishment which, after activation, keeps track of your ink usage and orders more from when you are running low.
- Replace paper less often — 500-sheet capacity, with two paper trays to accommodate different sizes and media types, including envelopes.
- Extraordinary efficiency — powerful performance packed in a compact, space-saving printer
- Professional quality for your critical projects — print-shop-quality graphics and text without the hassle and expense of outsourcing Print jobs
- Enhance your productivity — 35-page auto document feeder and auto 2-sided printing
The Epson Workforce Pro WF-4730 is an all-in-one color inkjet printer that can also function as a copier and scanner. It is designed to work with Epson cartridges only, not third-party cartridges or ink. It is powered by Precision Core technology and boasts fast color print speeds, a large paper capacity, and automatic duplex printing.
The printer also has a feature called Dash Replenishment which keeps track of ink usage and orders more when running low. It comes with a set of ink cartridges and a CD-ROM with drivers and an instruction booklet in the box.
- Fast color print speeds.
- Low printing costs compared to color laser printers.
- Large paper capacity with two trays.
- Automatic duplex printing and 35-page auto document feeder for increased productivity.
- Dash Replenishment feature for convenient ink management.
- Compatible only with Epson cartridges
- Requires internet connection and email-enabled device for most features
- Space-saving design may lack some functionality.
Also read: Best Printers For College Students
2. Brother MFC-J5830DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
- BUSINESS-READY ALL-IN-ONE: Brother INKvestment devices are designed for economy-conscious business owners who demand superior performance.
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: Print and scan from mobile devices(1), plus cloud-based printing / scanning directly from the MFCJ5830DW(2).
- PRINT FOR PENNIES AND NICKELS: Low cost printing, less than one cent per black page and less than five cents per color page(3).
- AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT ENABLED: Upon activation, Amazon Dash Replenishment measures the toner level and orders more from Amazon when it’s low.
- FOR USE WITH BROTHER GENUINE INKS: LC3029BK, LC3029C, LC3029M, LC3029Y, LC30293PK
The MFC-J5830DW, Brother INKvestment Inkjet All-in-One, is a business-ready printer designed for economy-conscious business owners. It offers superior performance, with features such as wireless connectivity, automatic duplex printing, and Amazon Dash Replenishment ready.
It comes with a 250-capacity sheet paper tray and an additional convenience of an up to 100-sheet multipurpose tray for envelope and card stock printing. A 3.7” color touchscreen allows users to easily navigate apps and system features, easily set up wireless printing from multiple devices, and scan and digitize paper documents.
- Business-ready all-in-one with superior performance
- Wireless connectivity allows for mobile printing and scanning
- Low-cost printing with less than one cent per black page and less than five cents per color page
- Amazon Dash Replenishment enabled for easy ink refill
- Compatible with Brother Genuine Inks.
- Requires a wireless network to connect
- Requires an internet connection and an account with the desired service.
- Only compatible with Brother Genuine Inks not other third-party or refilled inks.
Also read: Best Printers For Art Prints
3. HP OfficeJet 200 Best Portable Printer For envelopes
- Main functions of this HP color portable printer: easy portable printing wherever you need it, wireless print from your laptop or mobile devices, 2 display and more
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, print even without a network using Wireless Direct printing. Standard input capacity (envelopes)- Up to 5.Standard input capacity (legal)- Up to 50 . Standard input capacity (cards) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (sheets) - Up to 50. Maximum input capacity (transparencies) - Up to 5. Maximum input capacity (cards) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (photo paper) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (4x6 photo) - Up to 20. Maximum input capacity (labels) - Up to 5
- Easy portable printing wherever you need it. This durable, compact printer fits in your car, backpack, and more, for convenient printing anywhere. Start printing in minutes - HP Auto Wireless Connect makes setup easy
- Reduce charging interruptions with a long-lasting battery. Charge from home, in your car or office, and more. Plugin your AC power source to charge within 90 minutes while the printer is off
- Use Original HP 62 ink & HP 62XL cartridges for great results print after print. Original HP ink prints up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
- Stay productive with a large and easy-to-use control panel. Ideal for mobile professionals and telecommuters who need a high-quality, reliable, portable printer they can take virtually anywhere
- Paper sizes supported: Letter, legal, statement, executive, envelopes (No. 10, Monarch, 6 3/4 in), cards (3x5 in, 4x6 in, 5x8 in), photo (8x10 in, 5x7 in, 4x6 in, 3.5x5 in)
- One-year limited hardware warranty backed by HP Customer Care, service and support; one-year technical phone support
The HP OfficeJet 200 Portable Printer is a compact and durable printer that allows you to print easily wherever you need it. With wireless and mobile printing capabilities, you can print from your laptop or mobile device using the free HP ePrint app. Additionally, the printer includes a 2" display and Wireless Direct printing, allowing you to print even without a network connection.
The printer's compact design makes it easy to take with you on the go, fitting easily in your car, backpack, or other space. It's also easy to set up, with HP Auto Wireless Connect making the process straightforward. Additionally, the printer features a long-lasting battery that can be charged from various sources like home, car or office, and a 90 minute charging time when the printer is off.
This printer uses Original HP 62 ink and HP 62XL cartridges for optimal results, which can print up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges. The box of this printer includes HP OfficeJet 200 Mobile Printer, HP 62 Tricolor Ink Cartridge (~165 pages), HP 62 Black Ink Cartridge (~200 pages), SW CD, and Setup Poster. With a standard input capacity of envelopes of up to 5, legal paper of up to 50, cards of up to 20, this printer can take maximum input capacity of sheets up to 50, transparencies up to 5, cards up to 20, photo paper up to 20, 4x6 photo paper up to 20 and labels up to 5.
- Portable and durable design for convenient printing on the go.
- Wireless and mobile printing capabilities with the free HP ePrint app.
- Wireless Direct printing for easy printing without a network connection.
- Easy setup with HP Auto Wireless Connect.
- Long-lasting battery that can be charged from various sources.
- Maximum input capacity is limited
- May have high running cost as it only works with HP 62 ink and HP 62XL cartridges
- Battery may not last as long as advertised when using printer frequently.
Also read: Best Printer For Home Use With Cheap Ink
4. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer
- Prints up To 27 ppm, automatic duplex printing
- 250 Sheet Capacity Paper Tray. A4 2-sided print speed-13. A4 standard print speed-26. Automatic 2 sided print. Recommended monthly volume-250 to 2,000 pages
- Windows 10 Compatibility: If you upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, some features of the installed drivers and software may not work correctly. Please uninstall all drivers and software in Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 before upgrading to Windows 10
- This machine uses a USB connection ensuring your office runs smoothly with no complications. High Speed USB 2.0 Interface. Does not come with USB cable. Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle: 10,000 pages. Output Paper Capacity (sheets):100
- Refer the specification sheet below for contents of package and refer to the user manual for trouble shooting steps.
- Printer doesnt have Wi-Fi capability
- It prints sharp, professional black and white pages at up to 2400 x 600dpi resolution
The Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer is a high-performance printer that is designed for small offices and home offices. It offers automatic duplex printing which saves resources by printing on both sides of the paper, making it more efficient and environmentally friendly. The printer has a print speed of up to 27 pages per minute, and offers a high resolution of 2400x600 dpi for sharp, professional black-and-white prints.
This printer has a 250-sheet capacity paper tray and a manual feed slot that allows you to conveniently print envelopes and letterheads. The A4 2-sided print speed is 13 pages per minute and the A4 standard print speed is 26 pages per minute. It has a recommended monthly volume of 250 to 2,000 pages. The printer is compatible with Windows 10, but some features may not work correctly if you upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
The Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer uses a USB connection and comes with a high-speed USB 2.0 interface. The package doesn't come with a USB cable, and the maximum monthly duty cycle is 10,000 pages. The output paper capacity is 100 sheets. It is important to refer to the specification sheet and user manual for troubleshooting steps. The Brother HL-L2300D is a great choice for those who want a reliable, efficient, and cost-effective laser printer that can handle moderate to high-volume printing.
- Automatic duplex printing saves resources and reduces paper waste.
- High-speed printing at up to 27 pages per minute.
- High resolution of 2400×600 dpi for sharp, professional black and white prints.
- Convenient manual feed slot for printing envelopes and letterheads.
- Recommended for moderate to high volume printing with a duty cycle of 10,000 pages.
- Not compatible with Windows 10 unless you upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- Doesn’t include a USB cable in the package.
- No Wi-Fi capability.
Also read: Best Printers for Occasional Use
5. Canon Office and Business MX922 All-In-One Printer
- Features: Wireless LAN, AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Wireless, Printing, Mobile Device Printing, USB 2.0 Hi Speed: Plug the cable into your PC for a super fast connection for your data transfers
- Fully-Integrated, 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time
- Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually
- Compatible with Individual/Combo CLI-251 XL Ink Tanks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) & PGI-250 XL Or PGI-255 XXL Pigment Black Ink Tanks.
- 20-Foot cord.OS Compatibility:Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit and Mac OSX 10.6.8 - 10.9.x
- Dimension (W x D x H) : 19.4 (W) x 15.6 (D) x 9.1 (H). Weight : 25.7 pounds
The Canon PIXMA MX922 is an Energy Star Wireless Inkjet Office All-in-One Printer that offers a range of features for home and office use. It has the capability to print in black and white at 15 ipm and in color at 10 ipm, and can output a borderless 4.0 x 6.0-inch photo in 21 seconds. With a print resolution of 9600 x 2400 color dpi, you can print borderless photos right at home. The printer also has built-in automatic duplex printing, which allows you to save paper by printing on both sides of the page, cutting your paper consumption by up to 50%.
The MX922 also has a number of additional features to make your printing experience more efficient. It has a fully-integrated, 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder that allows you to easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time. Additionally, the built-in disc tray allows you to design and print your own custom CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays, and the Full HD Movie Print feature takes a frame from an HD movie recorded on a compatible EOS, PowerShot, or VIXIA camera or camcorder and prints it as a photo.
The MX922 is also designed with compatibility in mind, it is compatible with Individual/Combo CLI-251 XL Ink Tanks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) & PGI-250 XL Or PGI-255 XXL Pigment Black Ink Tanks, with a 20-foot cord and available in the OS compatibility: Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit and Mac OSX 10.6.8 - 10.9.x. It contains PIXMA MX922 Wireless Inkjet Office All-In-One, CD/DVD Printing Tray, Manuals and other documents, Matte Photo Paper (For Automatic Print Head Alignment), Setup CD-ROM, Setup Ink Tanks, Power Cord, Telephone Line Cable.
- High-quality printing with a resolution of 9600 x 2400 color dpi
- Automatic duplex printing to save paper
- Built-in disc tray for printing custom CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays
- Full HD Movie Print feature to print frames from HD movies
- Fully-integrated, 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder for easy copying, scanning and faxing
- Some users may find the printer’s size to be large for personal use
- Some users may experience connectivity issues with the wireless feature
- Some users may find the print speed to be slower compared to other printers on the market
Also read: Best Canon Printers For Home
6. HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format
- Main functions of this all-in-one wide-format printer: copy, scan, fax, wide-format printing up to 11x17 inches, wireless printing, AirPrint, 2-sided duplex printing, color touchscreen, automatic document feeder, and more. Maximum dimensions (W x D x H) -22.9 x 28 x 15 inch
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand: The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud—such as iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive
- Up to 50% less cost per page than color lasers with fast print speeds up to 22 pages per minute black; support high-volume office printing with a paper input capacity of up to 500 sheets with two 250-sheet paper trays
- Print, scan, and copy in standout color on a variety of paper sizes from letter to 11x17 inches; tap and swipe the color touchscreen, easily manage print, scan, copy, and fax jobs directly at the printer
- Use Original HP 952 & HP 952XL ink cartridges for great result print after print; original HP ink prints up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
- Ideal for professionals in small businesses who need to print high-quality documents and borderless, double-sided marketing materials up to 11x17 inches
- Paper sizes supported: 3x5 to 11.7x17 inches
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer is a powerful, versatile device that offers a wide range of features to help small businesses produce high-quality, professional-looking documents and marketing materials. This printer is capable of wide-format printing up to 11x17 inches, making it perfect for creating borderless, double-sided materials. Additionally, the device offers wireless printing capabilities and works with the HP Smart app, which allows users to easily set up the printer, scan documents from a smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud.
One of the key advantages of this all-in-one wide-format printer is its cost-effectiveness. With fast print speeds of up to 22 pages per minute in black, this printer is capable of supporting high-volume office printing, and its paper input capacity of up to 500 sheets, with two 250-sheet paper trays, helps minimize the need for frequent paper refills. The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 is also designed to work with Original HP 952 & HP 952XL ink cartridges for great results, and it's noted that the original HP ink prints up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges.
The printer features a color touchscreen, automatic document feeder, and 2-sided duplex printing to make it easy to manage print, scan, copy, and fax jobs directly at the printer. It also supports a variety of paper sizes, from 3x5 to 11.7x17 inches. This printer comes with a one-year limited hardware warranty and 24-hour, 7 days week web support. It is important to note that this printer is intended to work only with cartridges with original HP chips or circuitry and will block cartridges using non-HP chips or circuitry. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of these measures.
- Capable of wide-format printing up to 11×17 inches.
- Cost-effective with up to 50% less cost per page than color lasers.
- Wireless printing capabilities and easy set-up with the HP Smart app.
- High-volume office printing with paper input capacity of up to 500 sheets.
- Color touchscreen and automatic document feeder for easy management of print, scan, copy and fax jobs.
- Only works with cartridges with original HP chips or circuitry.
- May require frequent paper refills with its two 250-sheet paper trays
- Periodic firmware updates are required to maintain the effectiveness of its measures that blocks cartridges using non-HP chips or circuitry.
Also read: Home Printer With Lowest Ink Cost
7. Brother Premium MFC-L2690DW
- Fast print speeds of up to 26 pages per minute
- Enjoy easy, reliable, wireless printing from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet
- The generous 250-sheet capacity adjustable paper tray easily handles letter and legal sizes paper and helps improve efficiency with less refills. The manual feed slot offers professional prints on a variety of paper types and sizes including card stock, envelopes and more.
- Choose from the built-in wireless network interface to enable sharing with multiple users on your network or connect locally to a single computer via the USB interface.
- Sturdy and robust construction ensures your laser all-in-one printer will keep up with your busy schedule. Compact desk footprint saves on space requirements.
The Brother MFC-L2690DW monochrome all-in-one laser printer is designed for busy homes or small offices that require full functionality in a compact and desk-friendly form factor. With fast print speeds of up to 26 pages per minute, automatic duplex printing, and a 250-sheet capacity adjustable paper tray, this printer is designed to improve efficiency and reduce the time you spend printing. The paper tray can accommodate both letter and legal-sized paper, and the manual feed slot allows for professional printing on a variety of paper types and sizes, including card stock and envelopes.
The Brother MFC-L2690DW also offers flexible connectivity options, including a built-in wireless network interface that allows for sharing with multiple users on your network, or a USB interface that allows for local connection to a single computer. The 50-page capacity automatic document feeder enables multi-page copying and scanning, further improving the printer's efficiency. The printer also features sturdy and robust construction that ensures it can keep up with a busy schedule, while it also saves on space requirements with its compact desk footprint.
- Fast print speeds of up to 26 pages per minute.
- Automatic duplex printing.
- The 250-sheet capacity adjustable paper tray.
- Flexible connectivity options, including wireless and USB.
- 50-page capacity automatic document feeder for multi-page copying and scanning.
- only monochrome
- manual feed slot only for professional printing
- not suitable for high-volume printing.
8. HP Neverstop 1001nw Best printer for envelopes and invitations
- Lowest cost per page on laser printing in-class: This reloadable laser printer offers black-and-white printing at 21 ppm, wireless capabilities, a 150-sheet paper tray, and a mess-free toner refill experience
- Less than 1 cent per page: This wireless laser printer comes with up to 5,000 pages of toner in the box—up to 7x more pages than traditional, in-class laser printers
- Reload with more toner, for a lot less: With the Toner Reload Kit (sold separately), get up to 2,500 pages worth of Original HP Toner -- up to 2.5x more pages than-class HP Toner cartridges
- The best-in-class mobile print app, HP Smart: Simplify printer set up and sharing with all your devices so you can instantly print, scan and copy with whatever device you have on hand
- Wireless printing: The Neverstop Laser Printer keeps your office connected with built-in wireless and ethernet capabilities, and lets you print from your smartphone or tablet without a network using Wi-Fi Direct
- Eco-label certified: The environmental-friendly Neverstop Laser Printer is ENERGY STAR 3.0 certified with an 16% smaller environmental footprint than other printers in its class
- One-year limited hardware warranty: Get help with 24-hour, 7 days a week free Web support
- See specification sheet for terms and conditions
The HP Neverstop Laser 1001nw is a wireless monochrome printer that offers high-quality black-and-white printing at 21 pages per minute, along with built-in Ethernet and a cartridge-free toner tank. This printer boasts the lowest cost per page on laser printing in its class, with up to 5,000 pages of toner included in the box. This means that users can enjoy 7x more pages than traditional, in-class laser printers without the need for frequent cartridge replacements.
This wireless laser printer also comes with a reloadable toner feature that allows users to refill with more toner at a lower cost. By using the Toner Reload Kit (sold separately), users can get up to 2,500 pages worth of Original HP Toner, which equates to up to 2.5x more pages than traditional HP Toner cartridges. Additionally, the printer is easy to set up and share with all your devices thanks to the best-in-class mobile print app, HP Smart.
The Neverstop Laser Printer also offers wireless printing capabilities with built-in wireless and ethernet and allows you to print from your smartphone or tablet without a network using Wi-Fi Direct. It is also environmentally friendly, as it is ENERGY STAR 3.0 certified and has a 16% smaller environmental footprint than other printers in its class. The printer also comes with a one-year limited hardware warranty and 24-hour, 7 days week web support. The package includes HP Neverstop Laser M1000w Printer, Preinstalled HP Black Original Imaging Drum (~5000 pages yield), Reference guide, Setup guide, Regulatory flyer, Support flyer, Warranty guide, Power cord, and USB cable.
- Lowest cost per page on laser printing in-class.
- Comes with up to 5,000 pages of toner in the box.
- The reloadable toner feature allows for more toner at a lower cost.
- The best-in-class mobile print app, HP Smart, makes setup and sharing easy.
- Wireless printing capabilities with built-in wireless and ethernet.
- Toner Reload Kit is sold separately.
- Only available in monochrome (black and white)
- The package doesn’t come with any paper.
Also read: Best Printers For Posters
9. Lexmark CS421DN Best laser printer for envelopes
- Printer Type: Workgroup printer - laser - color| Print Speed: Up to 25 ppm - B/W Ý Up to 25 ppm - color| Preview Screen Size: 2.4| Connectivity Technology: Wired| Interface: USB 2.0, LAN, USB 2.0 host| AirPrint Enabled: Yes| Max Resolution (B&W): 1200 x 1200 dpi| Max Resolution (Color): 1200 x 1200 dpi| Image Enhancement Technology: 4800 Color Quality| Automatic Duplexing: Yes| First Print Out Time B/W: 10.1 sec| First Print Out Time Color: 10.1 sec
- Media Handling: 250-sheet input tray, 1-sheet manual tray| Processor: 1000 MHz| RAM Installed (Max): 512 MB / 512 MB (max)| Media Type: Envelopes, labels, plain paper, card stock| Media Size Class: A4/Legal| Max Media Size: Legal (8.5 in x 14 in), A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in)
- Media Sizes: Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in), Legal (8.5 in x 14 in), Executive (7.25 in x 10.5 in), A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in), A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in), A6 (4.13 in x 5.83 in), Folio (8.5 in x 13 in), JIS B5 (7.17 in x 10.12 in), Statement (5.5 in x 8.5 in), Oficio (8.5 in| Envelope Sizes: US No 10 (4.1 in x 9.5 in), International DL (4.33 in x 8.66 in), International C5 (6.38 in x 9 in), Monarch (3.87 in x 7.5 in), US No 9 (4 in x 9 in)
- Total Media Capacity: 250 sheets| Media Feeders: Bypass tray: 1 - 1 sheet Ý Input tray: 1 - 250 sheets| Max Media Capacity: 900 sheets| Output Trays Capacity: 125 sheets| Monthly Duty Cycle (max): 75000 pages| Recommended Monthly Volume: 800 - 6500 pages| Networking: Print server
- Connections: 1 x USB 2.0 - 4 pin USB Type B Ý 1 x LAN - RJ-45 Ý 1 x USB 2.0 host - 4 pin USB Type A| Consumables Included: 1 x toner cartridge (black) - up to 2000 pages ISO/IEC 19798 Ý 1 x toner cartridge (cyan) - up to 1400 pages ISO/IEC 19798 Ý 1 x toner cartridge (magenta) - up to 1400 pages ISO/IEC 19798 Ý 1 x toner cartridge (yellow) - up to 1400 pages ISO/IEC 19798 Ý 1| EPEAT Compliant: EPEAT Silver
The Lexmark CS421DN is a workgroup printer that uses laser technology to print in color. It has a print speed of up to 25 pages per minute for both black and white and color documents. It features a preview screen with a size of 2.4 inches and has wired connectivity through USB 2.0, LAN, and USB 2.0 host. This printer also has AirPrint capability and can print with a maximum resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi for both black and white and color documents.
This printer has a media handling capacity of 250 sheets in the input tray and one sheet in the manual tray. It is equipped with a 1000 MHz processor and can have a maximum of 512 MB of RAM. It can print on various types of media including envelopes, labels, plain paper, and card stock. The media size it can handle ranges from A4/Legal and its maximum media size is Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) and A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in).
The printer also has automatic duplexing and has a first printout time of 10.1 seconds for both black and white and color documents. It has a total media capacity of 250 sheets, with a maximum capacity of 900 sheets, and an output tray capacity of 125 sheets. This printer has a monthly duty cycle of 75,000 pages and is recommended for a monthly volume of 800 to 6,500 pages. It has a built-in print server and has connectivity options through USB 2.0, LAN, and USB 2.0 host. The printer is EPEAT Silver compliant.
- Fast print speeds of up to 25 pages per minute for both black and white and color documents.
- High-resolution printing of up to 1200 x 1200 dpi for both black and white and color documents.
- Automatic duplexing for efficient paper usage.
- The large media handling capacity of 250 sheets in the input tray and a maximum capacity of 900 sheets.
- Ethernet connectivity options
- May have limited expandability options, with a maximum of 512 MB of RAM.
- Recommended monthly volume of 800-6500 pages may be too low for some workgroups
- No wireless connectivity out of the box.
Best Printer For Envelopes | Ultimate Guide 2023
The printer is a useful tool not only in the office but also at home. Better to opt for a multifunction model, if you want to obtain copies, prints and also send and receive faxes. Those who are more technological will appreciate the presence of wireless and Bluetooth to connect it to other devices without the aid of cables. Also check that the cartridges do not cost too much, to avoid major outlays when you have to replace them because they are exhausted. We wanted to go through a few products to help you make the right decision. Below you can read our reviews, but in the meantime look at which models
contained both in size and in the outlay necessary for its purchase. HP Envy 4520it has reduced dimensions that do not force you to dedicate an entire corner of the house to it. Refills do not involve excessive spending, so you can buy it with confidence
Choosing the right printer depends a lot on the use you intend to make of it : only for documents, to send faxes or even for photos? We have created a guide that can help you find the best brand for you. Read our tips and compare the prices of the various models, to understand how to save a little more.
Big or small?
Each printer has aspects that make it easier to use, at home or on the go. The first question you must ask yourself is therefore the following: where do I want to use it? Based on the answer you will be able to understand if you need a product of capacious dimensions or in a mini version.
Those who need to have copies sporadically and purely for home and personal use, can select one of the many printers that do not mind taking up less space, also because they are equipped with a series of rather bulky cables.
Of course, if you live in a small apartment you will also have to pay attention to the space factor, so opting for a compact solution will only benefit the organization of your home.
On the other hand, those who need a product that is also professional, but to carry around, will have to fall back on a reduced model, without being forced to give up important functions for their work. In this case, also consider the price, which tends to increase in relation to the increase in comfort.
Let's move on to another aspect that determines the expense as well as the validity of the chosen product: its functions. In fact, the printer may not be relegated solely to the creator of copies but it can also be useful for putting your memories on photographic paper or helping you to send and receive faxes via a telephone connection.
Realize that most printers have multiple functions, especially the larger ones, which also include having you scan documents to save as files on your computer or to send via email.
Among all those on the market it is important to find the one with the best ratio between cost and quality, to preserve your finances.
In color or black and white?
Another factor that helps you understand which printer to choose is the need for color or black and white copies. Also for this reason there are different types on the market, more useful for one or the other purpose.
Inkjets, those that use ink, are more suitable for color prints, because they guarantee a better resolution. Those lasers or LEDs are good for black and white copies, allowing you to get very good results.
As for the choice of cartridges , the color ones are usually available in a single solution or in three pieces containing yellow, cyan and magenta, from the combination of which all the other shades derive.
If you have a larger budget, you can opt for a printer that mounts a greater number of color cartridges, even if you will have to take into account a major expense each time to replace them all.
One factor that determines the print quality is the resolution of the product: the most valid ones count on 1,200 x 1,200 dpi, or dots per inch, but you can spend more to have, for example, a 4,200 x 1,200 dpi printer.
If you are looking for a basic model, you will not fail to find the one with a USB cable that allows you to connect the printer to the computer or device from which it has to take the file to be processed. Also in our ranking there is no shortage of examples of the genre, which usually does not imply having a large budget available.
However, there are also those equipped with wireless connectivity , that is wireless, which make it easier to print everything you want by creating connections even at a distance. Many are equipped with Wi-Fi, but Bluetooth is also widespread, but it can only interact with products that support this type of technology.
Less used but present are also infrared and NFC, all solutions that promote fast dialogue with the printer.
If we keep faith with the reviews of the many users who use the printers, an element that has a certain importance is also the speed with which the sheet is printed. This way you can know how many copies you will get per minute, therefore also how much time you will save.
This factor is of fundamental importance for those who use the printer for work, as it guarantees greater or lesser production volume. If you need purely efficiency , check that the printer you have chosen guarantees a certain amount of sheets, to speed up your daily task.
How to use a printer
If you are a beginner and you have no idea how to best use your new device, but also simply how to install a printer, take a look at our tips that help you understand well how to solve some problems you may run into.
How to connect the printer
The steps to follow to make the best use of this device start from the right installation: how to connect the printer to the PC? Nothing could be easier: just insert the two ends of a USB cable (if you don't find it in the package, it will be inexpensive to get one) into your computer and device to immediately put them in communication.
Many models are self-installing, so you will not need to understand how to activate a printer without a CD, as there will be no need: just wait for the product to be recognized and start the installation process or download the drivers directly from the site of the manufacturer.
If you are in doubt of not knowing how to connect a Wi-Fi printer, however, this operation is also very simple: through the display of this model you can access the settings of the home or office network, select the one in use and enter the password if present.
Much easier if the printer has the WPS button, which will allow you to put it in contact with the Wi-Fi network by also pressing the WPS button on the router. A different procedure is to follow, however, if you do not know how to connect a printer to the network: enter the Control Panel of the computer, then in the Network and Internet section.
Once the Network and Sharing Center has been identified, simply change the Advanced Sharing Settings, making sure that, for both private and public use, there are ticks on the Enable file and printer sharing boxes.
Also, if you want the printer to be shared by all who use the network, also check the Disable password protected sharing box, which will not make it necessary to use it to connect to the printer.
Now look for the printer on your computer, typing the model name: when you locate it, click with the right mouse button, select Properties and then Sharing, selecting the “Share the printer” box and that's it.
How the printer works
If you don't know whether to choose an inkjet or laser model and you want to understand, in the case of the laser printer, how it works, think about xerography. This technique, in fact, uses a silicon-coated aluminum drum to imprint the desired image on the paper.
This object, through the laser, stores the content and then the color goes to occupy the parts that must be filled to give life to letters or shapes. Then, the set obtained is transferred to the card.
Having no liquid ink, you can keep the laser printer idle as long as you want. Furthermore, the production times are much faster than those obtained with inkjet models.
How to solve the unexpected
Is the product you have available new or has it always been faithful over the years but now does it create any problems? If one of the errors you are experiencing is that it does not start, let's try to understand why the printer does not print in some cases.
It may happen that there are old documents still in the queue, so just delete them by right clicking on the printer name and selecting “Delete all documents in the queue”.
The problem may also be due to outdated drivers, which will need to be updated via the manufacturer's website. When the product starts working again, but you notice that the copies obtained have uneven traits, perhaps you should also understand how to clean the printer heads.
Some models have a dedicated key, especially old-fashioned ones, which you just need to hold down to start the process. Others, equipped with displays, have a section within Maintenance, dedicated to cleaning the heads.
Are you in trouble because you have to print on envelopes and the results you get are not what you expected?
I'll tell you the secret of pulcinella: when you need to print on envelopes, you must comply with the instructions in the manual of your printer .
I don't want to be trivial, but it is one of those cases in which you have to take the user manual, arm yourself with patience and read what are the manufacturer's instructions for printing on this type of media. In fact, the envelope is not an easy print support to manage, because it is thick and because it has a different side from the other due to the closing flap.
There are 3 things to always watch out for:
- Check if and which envelopes are suitable for your printer . Printing on envelopes is not a feature to be taken for granted, some printers don't print on envelopes, full stop. Others accept some types of envelopes and others do not. The precise information can be found in the paragraph of the user guide of your printer which has a name that sounds more or less like "Paper types" or "Acceptable media" depending on the manufacturer, and in particular at the point where it speaks of the envelopes. It is obvious that if you try to use a type of envelope among those not recommended, at best you will get poor quality results, at worst you risk serious damage to the printer.
- Load the envelope or envelopes as directed in the manual , in the orientation indicated. This indication is important both for laser printers (the fuser must absolutely not come into contact with any glue present on the envelope), and for ink printers. In the latter in particular, the head travels from right to left of the sheet and must not find obstacles in its flow, impediments such as the flap of the envelope, which could cause printing defects like the one I show you in the cover photo.
- When launching the printing , it is always necessary to indicate to the printer that you are going to print on the envelopes, then in the "Printing preferences" -> "Paper size" go to indicate the type of envelope you are using. In this way the printer modifies its parameters (speed and temperature for example) to adapt to the media you are using. This rule is always valid when using papers with non-standard weight or finishing, i.e. when not using the classic 80 gram A4 office paper.
My recommendations, to conclude:
- if you need to buy a printer with which you have to print on envelopes or on special media, read the manuals carefully first or contact me for more information.
- read the printer manual, you will surely find it on the manufacturer's website,
- take into account that you will still have to do some tests before obtaining the result that satisfies you, trying various types of envelopes.
- if you have a laser printer, use only envelopes suitable for this type of printer, guaranteed to withstand the high temperature that develops in the laser printing process.
How to print from mobile to HP printer?
Anyone who always needs to be smart will also want to print without cables. Doing this is also possible from your mobile phone: if you have one that supports Android, just download the appropriate HP Plugin on your smartphone from the Google Play Store.
Connect both devices to your home Wi-Fi network, open the document to print on your phone and press the Send or Share button and select the name of the printer model you want to send it to. After a few seconds you will have your copy available.
If you have a mobile phone with iOS, then one of the Apple family, just use the AirPrint service, which is supported by almost all HP printers. Open the file to send to the printer and share it with the target device (you will find its name in the list that will appear). In a few seconds the printer will activate and your copy is ready.
You can follow the same procedure if you don't know how to print from your mobile phone to the Epson printer, with the difference of downloading the Epson Print Enabler app for Android.
How to reset a Canon Pixma printer
If you want to restore the factory settings of your Canon Pixma printer, there is probably something wrong that leads you to make this decision. The first piece of advice we can give you is to update the drivers, checking all the possible ones for your model on the company website.
If this method does not work, fortunately there is the Canon program, My Printer, which allows you to do an in-depth analysis of the malfunctions, to understand what is wrong. Within this application there is also the "Troubleshoot" button, by clicking which you can solve the catch.
A slightly more aggressive, but decisive solution if you are unable to fix the situation with the methods we have proposed to you, is to reset the printer via its display. Select the "Settings" function from the menu, then "Device settings", then "Reset setting".
This will result in the printer returning to its initial settings, as if it had just left the factory.
How to reset an Epson printer
It may happen that the Epson printer in your possession creates problems or functions intermittently. If you have really tried everything to get it back active but nothing worked, you will have to reset it, in order to bring it to its original condition.
First of all, turn off the printer, unplug it from power and any other device to which it is connected. Once this is done, insert the plug back into the plug, turn on the device and press the Ink and Paper buttons at the same time. When the light next to Paper turns on, release the two buttons and immediately press Ink again for about ten seconds.
At this point also release the second button: the product should return to normal operation, so you can use this method even if you do not know how to unlock an Epson printer. Another way to act is to go to the display, select from the Setup menu and then Restore Default Settings, to restore the factory settings.
How to clean the Epson printer nozzles
If your Epson printer is equipped with an LCD display complete with a menu, it will be easy to access the "Configuration" section and then "Maintenance", "Speaker check" and finally "Print". This way you will have a proof copy that can help you verify that all the colored lines are drawn in full.
If any parts are missing, go to the section “Head cleaning”, which you will always find in the display, and select OK to start the process.
If there is no display, you can still perform nozzle cleaning by holding down the button with the ink droplet. Another method is to use the same computer to which the printer is connected: go to the Control Panel, look for Devices and Printers and select the one you have in use.
You will find the wording Check nozzles by right clicking and you can start printing to check the correct ink emission.
Leave a Reply