In many professional environments, such as large offices, banks, and logistics centers, the use of printers is the order of the day, particularly for labels, reports, and tickets. Due to the volume of prints required, the costs to be incurred are sometimes very high, not to mention the environmental impact. Fortunately, there are Best thermal printers for Mac, which represent a valid and effective alternative.
Have you heard of it before? If not, don’t worry – you are in the right place! Although these devices are unknown to most, thermal printers are widely used every day in various industries. We have prepared this article just to provide you with all the information you need regarding these articles.
Best Thermal Printer For Mac
Before you start, make a list of features you are looking for in a Besthermal printers for Mac, like this, choosing the best one for your needs from this list would be a lot easier. No matter what your requirements are, this list contains the thermal printers that will satisfy them!
Also Read: Best Epson Printer For Sublimation
Best Thermal Printer For Mac | Comparison Table 2022
|MUNBYN USB Thermal Label Printer for Windows Mac 4x6 Thermal Printer One Click Set up Shipping Label Printer Great for Labeling, Filing, Mailing, Barcodes and More||MUNBYN||Check Price|
|LabelRange LP320 Label Printer – High Speed 4x6 Thermal Printer for Shipping & Postage Labels,Supports Amazon Ebay Paypal Shopify Etsy Shipstation etc. - Compatible with Windows & Mac OS||LabelRange||Check Price|
|Bluetooth Thermal Shipping Label Printer - High Speed 4x6, Bluetooth Support PC and Mobile, USB for MAC, Bluetooth for PC, Compatible with Ebay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, USPS Barcode||JADENS||Check Price|
|Polono Label Printer - 4x6 Thermal Label Printer, Commercial Direct Thermal Label Maker, Compatible with Amazon, Ebay, Etsy & Shopify, One Click Setup on Windows and Mac||POLONO||Check Price|
|Thermal Label Printer-iDPRT SP420 Desktop Label Printer, 6 IPS 4X6 High-Speed Label Printer, Direct Thermal Label Printer, Thermal Printer for Windows&MAC System, Compatible with UPS, Amazon,Ebay,ect||iDPRT||Check Price|
|Arkscan 2054A Shipping Label Printer for Windows Mac Chromebook Linux, Supports Amazon Ebay Paypal Etsy Shopify ShipStation Stamps.com UPS USPS FedEx DHL, Roll & Fanfold 4x6 Direct Thermal Label||Arkscan||Check Price|
|ROLLO Label Printer - Commercial Grade Direct Thermal High Speed Printer – Compatible with Etsy, eBay, Amazon - Barcode Printer - 4x6 Printer||Rollo||Check Price|
|MUNBYN Thermal Label Printer, 4x6 USB Thermal Shipping Label Address Postage Printer Compatible with Amazon, UPS, Ebay, Shopify, FedEx Labeling, One Click Set up, Work with Windows, Mac System||MUNBYN||Check Price|
|K Comer Shipping Label Printer 150mm/s High-Speed 4x6 Direct Thermal Label Printing for Shipment Package 1-Click Setup on Windows/Mac,Label Maker Compatible with Amazon, Ebay, Shopify, FedEx,USPS,Etsy||K COMER||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Thermal Printer For Mac | 2022 Products Overview
1. MUNBYN USB Thermal Label Printer
- 【One Minute Set Up】 Money and time saver, no more waiting for your business. Please follow the tutorial video or user manual to set up. Also, you can simply customize labels from Microsoft, Mac Address Book, and BarTender Barcode Edit, etc.
- 【72 Labels per Minute】 Address label maker connect via USB, printing speed 150mm/s, 72 labels/min. It takes 1 core label stock, max diameter 4.33in, max media width less than 4.33in, prints width 1.57 to 4.2. ❗Do not support 500 but 220 roll label paper ❗
- 【Environmentally Friendly】 This wired direct thermal label printer no need any toner or ink, only takes a small space on your desk, thermal Paper is all you need.
- 【Built-in paper bin】It makes printing more integrated and saves desktop space. When you want to print in another place, you can do it once, eliminating the need to come back and get the paper. No matter what the printing situation, you can Better protect paper, and also protect the inside of the machine from dust, etc.
- 【Diverse Platform Adaptability】 Thermal label printer work with Windows & Mac. Do not Support the ChromeOS system. MUNBYN Provides free lifetime customer support and product protection for any product issues via live chat, phone calls, and emails, even remote-desktop operations support as you need.
The MUNBYN USB Thermal Label Printer is a versatile and efficient tool for labeling, filing, mailing, and creating barcodes. The printer is easy to set up, with a tutorial video and user manual provided to guide users through the process. It can also be customized using popular programs such as Microsoft, Mac Address Book, and BarTender Barcode Edit.
With a printing speed of 150mm/s and the ability to produce 72 labels per minute, this printer is designed to save both time and money for businesses. It can handle a variety of label sizes, with a maximum media width of 4.33 inches and a maximum label roll diameter of 4.33 inches. However, it is important to note that it does not support 500 roll label paper, only 220 roll label paper.
- Easy to set up with tutorial video and user manual provided
- The fast printing speed of 72 labels per minute
- Environmentally friendly as it does not require toner or ink
- Built-in paper bin for easy paper management
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Does not support 500 roll label paper, only 220 roll label paper
- Not compatible with the ChromeOS system
- Some users may find the print quality to be lower than expected.
Also Read: Best Printer For Infrequent Use
2. LabelRange LP320 Best thermal printers for Mac,
- 【Low Print Cost】Prints labels in a variety of sizes from 1.57 to 4.72 width and height from 1 to 9.84, ideal for 4 x 6 shipping labels, warehouse labels, barcode labels, Amazon FBA labels, product labels, address labels, ID labels and more. Print any direct thermal labels including all free shipping labels from UPS. No specific labels required. No ink or toner or ribbon needed.
- 【Automatic Label Identification】Automatically catch the first label, detect the size, gap and characteristics of your label and position it at tear-off line. No waste of the first label. 6in/sec high printing speed, prints up to 60 4”x 6” shipping labels per-minute. The most efficient solution for labeling, mailing and filing, saves time and money at the home office and businesses organization.
- 【Compatible with Windows and MAC OS】Works with both Windows (XP and newer) and Mac OS (10.9 and newer). Not for smartphone, tablet and Google Chromebook. Not for Bluetooth or Wifi function. Connects printer to computer via USB cable, for new Macbook with TYPE C port, please get a USB C to USB B printer cable to connect it.
- 【Widely Used on online Platforms】Supports major selling/shipping platforms including Amazon, eBay , Paypal, Shopify, Etsy , Poshmark, Shippo, Shipstation, UPS, DHL, Fedex and more. 203DPI high resolution supports printing crystal clear labels that major couriers print and require.
- 【Easy to Setup】Easy to install the Windows and Mac driver software from the USB disk or go to our website to download the latest driver software. Double click the driver software to finish the installation within 5minutes. LabelRange offers 24hours customer service via phone and e-mail. Contact us at first time to get assistance if you have any technical issues. Most of the setup and printing configuration can be done in minutes.
The LabelRange LP320 Label Printer is a high-speed 4x6 shipping label printer that is compatible with a variety of operating systems, including Windows 7 and newer, Mac 10.9 and newer, Linux, and Chrome OS. Users can easily download the driver from a USB drive or the official website to start the installation and setup process.
One of the main features of the LabelRange LP320 is its advanced thermal technology, which eliminates the need for ink, toner, or ribbons. The printer also has an intelligent auto label suction and identification system that can calibrate and identify different label sizes when they are inserted. This means users won't have to purchase lots of consumables for the printer.
The LabelRange LP320 is perfect for both commercial and home use, with a high resolution of 203dpi, allowing it to print labels in dark and easy to scan quality. The printer can print label sizes from 1.5 inches to 4.25 inches (38mm-108mm) in width, making it versatile for multiple uses, such as shipping labels, mailing labels, price labels, barcode labels, Amazon labels, circle labels, name tags and all kinds of small category labels. The high print speeds up to 150mm/s make work efficient and it supports e-commerce and shipping platforms like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Shipstation, Shopify, PayPal, USPS, UPS, Poshmark, Pirate ship and more.
- Strong system compatibility – compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome OS.
- Advanced thermal technology – no need to purchase consumables.
- Print multipurpose labels – versatile for multiple uses.
- Perfect for commercial and home use – high resolution and print speeds.
- Support versatile platforms – e-commerce and shipping platforms.
- Some users may have difficulty with the setup process.
- Some users may experience issues with the label detection system.
- It doesn’t support mobile operating systems.
Also Read: Best Dtg Printer For Small Business
3. JADENS Thermal Shipping Label Printer
- 【High Tech Label Printer】JadensThermal Label Printer with label holder uses direct thermal labels to print 203 DPI high-quality barcodes, shipping labels without ink, loners, ribbons, and extra label holder. Clean with no mess. Ideal for commercial, warehouse. and online business., postage.
- 【Shopping tips】Follow the operation videos in U-disk to finish the installation! ATTENTION ❗❗PC: USB or Bluetooth connection, MAC: Bluetooth doesn’t support Mac,only USB connection. ANDROID & IOS: Print wirlessly via App. Connect with USB cable to Windows PC or MAC to get high quality print. Wireless print only support windows computer and smartphone, not support MAC ❗Print via USB on Mac❗Print on app through iPhone and Android.❗❗ Chromebook not supported.
- 【Wireless Print】Easily print via APP on iPhone or Android smartphone Through “Shipping Printer”； Bluetooth-enabled PC wirelessly. ❗❗Note: Bluetooth is incompatible with MAC, need connect the USB.❗❗ DONT MISS THIS ATTENTION! Before installing driver and setting up Bluetooth, need to calibrate printer by long press the feed button until hear one beep(Paper will keep go and back several times).
- 【Wide Application】Works with any Thermal Direct Label with a width range of 1.57 to 4.1. ❗❗❗❗Notice: Only work with under 350 sheets labels if you use roll label ❗❗Shipping platforms like Endicia, Dazzle, ShipStation, Shipping Easy, Shippo, ShipWorks, Ordoro, marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, Easy, and Shopify.
- 【Easy Use & Installation】Jadens label printer for shipping packages comes with 100pcs 4”X6” free therapy label, U-Disk, and Type C convector. Operation video and direction is provided in the U-Disk for easier understanding. Offer one year warranty, customer support can be reached out to email, phone, remote control.
The Jadens JD-168BT Bluetooth Thermal Label Printer is a high-tech label maker that uses direct thermal labels to produce high-quality barcodes and shipping labels without the need for ink, toners, ribbons, or extra label holders. This feature makes it clean and mess-free, making it ideal for commercial and warehouse use. It also has a label holder for easy loading of labels.
The printer is compatible with MAC OS, WINDOWS, ANDROID, and IOS. You can connect it to your Windows PC or MAC via USB cable for high-quality print. You can also print from your smartphone through Bluetooth, but please note that Bluetooth is incompatible with MAC, therefore a USB connection is required.
- High-quality barcodes and shipping labels without the need for ink, toners, ribbons, or extra label holders.
- Compatible with MAC OS, WINDOWS, ANDROID, and IOS.
- Wireless printing via Bluetooth for smartphones and Bluetooth-enabled laptops.
- Works with a wide range of thermal direct labels.
- Comes with 100 sheets of free thermal labels, a U-disk, and a Type C converter.
- Bluetooth is incompatible with MAC.
- Only supports rolls of labels with fewer than 350 sheets.
- Not compatible with Chromebook.
Also Read: Best Printer For Waterslide Decals
4. Polono Best thermal printer for small business
- 【High-Speed Printing】 Supported high-speed printing which can print 72 labels per minute, reducing unnecessary time wastage.Suitable for shipping labels and warehouse labels.
- 【Easy Installment】One minute to set up,Time Saver.Easy works with Windows and Mac operating systems.The Polono label printer is compatible with all major shipping and e-commerce platforms inlcuding USPS, DHL, Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Shopify, etc. Please download the driver from the official website or USB Drive before printing.
- 【Automatic Label Detection】 With the intelligent paper return function,our Polono label printer can automatically catch and feed the label and supports label widths ranging from 2（50mm）to 4.65（118mm）. This label printer can bring more convenience to your business.
- 【Go Green】The Polono label printer uses advanced direct thermal technology which no need any toner,ink or ribbon. All you need is thermal paper. Our label printer is durable and could be used for a long time. The customized print head can stably print 160,000 standard labels.
- 【Whats in the Box】 The Polono shipping label printer comes with 1 Printer, 1 Paper Storage, 1 Power Cord, 1 USB Cable, 1 U Disk, 1 Quick Start Guide and a U Disk containing the printer driver, installation guide, setup guide, and user manual. Refer to the included tutorials to start printing within minutes.
The POLONO Shipping Label Printer is a high-speed thermal printer designed for shipping packages and warehouse labels. With a printing speed of 5.9 inches/s (150mm/s), it can print up to 72 labels per minute, saving time and increasing efficiency. However, it does not have Bluetooth or WiFi capabilities and is not compatible with Chromebooks.
Installation is quick and easy, with the printer being compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems. It also works with all major shipping and e-commerce platforms, including FedEx, USPS, DHL, Amazon, Etsy, eBay, and Shopify. Drivers must be downloaded from the official website or USB drive before printing.
- High-speed printing of 72 labels per minute.
- Easy to install, compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Automatic label detection and intelligent paper return function.
- Uses advanced direct thermal technology, no need for toner, ink or ribbon.
- Durable and long-lasting with a customizable print head.
- No Bluetooth or WiFi capabilities.
- Not compatible with Chromebooks.
- Drivers need to be downloaded from official website or USB drive before printing.
5. iDPRT Thermal Label Printer
- 【Support Multiple Systems】Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux systems, iDPRT SP420 thermal shipping label printer meets the needs of different groups and scenarios. It’s convenient to download the driver software from the official website and set the parameters of the thermal label printer according to the instructions. Also, this shipping label printer works well with major sales and logistics platforms such as UPS, USPS, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Shopify, etc.
- 【High Speed Printing】As a 5.9inches/s (150mm/s) high-speed shipping label printer with up to 6IPS, iDPRT SP420 shipping label printer could print 72 labels per minute. With the high resolution, every detail of the labels printed by this thermal label printer could be scanned and read efficiently and effectively. Thus, iDPRT SP420 could be considered as a thermal label printer for shipping packages, ideal for multiple areas including retailing, inventory, warehousing, transportation, etc.
- 【Space-saving Design】Transparent top cover that will easily check the label consumption and the thermal label printer provides a paper capacity inside which supports both the roll and fan-fold thermal labels. In this case, iDPRT SP420 shipping label printer could be used more flexibly and conveniently without a label holder, saving a lot of office space. The labels inside can stay clean without having dust or damage making sure that labels are in good condition when not in use.
- 【Support 0.79-4.85 Label Width】iDPRT SP420 thermal printer supports labels with width from 0.79 to 4.85 (20mm-118mm), meeting various printing needs including shipping label, barcode label and product label printing. With 5.9inches/s (150mm/s) high printing speed and high revolution technology, the label printer supports efficient and correct works, saving time and money.
- 【High Product Quality】iDPRT label maker adopts TPH coating on the outside to keep strong abrasion resistance and destructive resistance. This helps protect the thermal label printer and extend its life. SP420 thermal shipping label printer comes with USB disk, CD disk with driver and a guide book. Also, the driver could be downloaded online via the official website.
The iDPRT SP420 thermal shipping label printer is a versatile and efficient tool for small businesses and shipping packages. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems and works with major shipping and e-commerce platforms such as UPS, USPS, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and Shopify. This label maker supports a wide range of label widths, from 0.79 inches to 4.85 inches, making it ideal for a variety of printing needs, such as shipping labels, barcode labels, and product labels. With a high printing speed of 5.9 inches per second and high-resolution technology, this label printer can save time and money.
The iDPRT SP420 thermal label printer has a space-saving design with a transparent top cover that allows for easy monitoring of label consumption. It also has a built-in paper capacity that supports both roll and fan-fold thermal labels, which increases its flexibility and convenience, and saves on office space. The labels inside the printer are protected from dust and damage, ensuring that they are in good condition when not in use. With a high-speed printing capability of 72 labels per minute, this printer is ideal for a variety of areas, such as retailing, inventory, warehousing, and transportation.
- Compatible with multiple operating systems and platforms.
- Can print a wide range of label widths.
- High printing speed and resolution.
- Space-saving design with transparent top cover and built-in paper capacity.
- High-speed printing capability of 72 labels per minute.
- Not specified which platforms are supported.
- Not specified the type of connectivity the printer has.
- Not specified the warranty or technical support that comes with the product.
6. Arkscan 2054A Best budget thermal printer
- A multi-functional printer to print shipping label, product label, barcode label, labels for other purpose. Able to print minimum of 0.75 & maximum of 4.25 in width, minimum of 0.4 & maximum of 90 in length. Support roll paper loaded inside the printer & fanfold paper loaded from back of the printer. Printing speed is 5 inches per second. Supported labels.
- Come a free software of BarTender UltraLite Label Design Software Tool (Windows Only) to print product labels, warehouse label that contains the most frequently used label-design print features, including full design capabilities for text, graphics barcodes, most serializing capabilities.
- Arkscan offers 5-star U.S. based real time tech support via Phone, Live Chat & Remote Access with extended office hours from east to west coast. Arkscan understands the USA customers needs, speak your language, and assist you with technical issue of your printing software in a timely manner. If running into any difficulty to setup or operate the printer, Arkscans tech support team will be easy to reach and back you up to continue your business as usual.
- High speed shipping label printer for Windows, Apple Mac / MacBook, Chromebook / ChromeOS (4x6” layout label only) & Linux / Ubuntu via USB port. Direct thermal technology will never require to refill ink toner. It supports Arkscan’s labels, Zebra compatible labels, and Dymo compatible labels w/o pre-printed content on back. All free shipping labels from UP & Fedex are supported. Most common shipping labels in size 4x6, 4x8.25 4x6.75 are supported.
Arkscan offers 5-star U.S. based real-time technical support via phone, live chat, and remote access with extended office hours from east to west coast. The company understands the needs of U.S. customers and provides assistance in a timely manner with any technical issues related to the printing software.
- Multi-functional, able to print various types of labels.
- Wide range of label sizes supported.
- High printing speed of 5 inches per second.
- Comes with free label design software tool.
- Excellent customer support with extended office hours.
- Label design software tool only available for Windows.
- Direct thermal technology may have shorter printhead lifespan.
- Not compatible with pre-printed labels.
7. ROLLO Thermal Printer
- Works with any Thermal Direct Label including free UPS labels - save hundreds of dollars on label costs - dont fall victim to our competitors business model that forces you to buy their highly over-priced proprietary labels
- High Speed Printing at 150mm/s (one shipping label per second). Advanced Thermal Direct technology prints without requiring toner or ink.
- Compatible with Windows (XP and newer) and Mac (10.9 and newer) - Rollo offers 5-star U.S. based customer service via Phone, Email, and Remote-Desktop. Easy to setup with short how-to videos.
- High-speed label maker prints labels from 1.57 to 4.1 wide with no restriction on the height of the label, ideal for 4 x 6 shipping labels, warehouse labels, barcode and ID labels, bulk mailing labels and more
The Rollo Shipping Label Printer is a commercial-grade direct thermal high-speed shipping printer that is compatible with various platforms such as ShipStation, Etsy, Ebay, and Amazon. It is a barcode printer with a 4x6 printing capability. This printer allows you to save hundreds of dollars on label costs by using any thermal direct label, including free UPS labels, unlike other printers that require you to purchase their expensive proprietary labels.
This high-speed label maker prints labels from 1.57 inches to 4.1 inches wide with no restriction on the height of the label. It is ideal for printing 4" x 6" shipping labels, warehouse labels, barcode and ID labels, and bulk mailing labels. The advanced thermal direct technology used in this printer eliminates the need for toner or ink, making it a cost-effective option for high-volume shippers.
Rollo offers easy setup with short how-to videos, and is compatible with Windows (XP and newer) and Mac (10.9 and newer). With its 5-star U.S. based customer service via Phone, Email, and Remote-Desktop, and its fast, reliable printing, Rollo is an ideal solution for your logistics needs. The printer is also supported by live support via Email, Phone, Chat, and Remote Desktop. Rollo is a commercial-grade label printer that is compatible with all major selling platforms and shipping couriers, and can print a whopping speed of 150mm/s which is one 4x6 shipping label per second.
- Compatible with multiple platforms such as ShipStation, Etsy, Ebay, and Amazon.
- Can use any thermal direct label, including free UPS labels, saving money on label costs.
- Advanced thermal direct technology eliminates the need for toner or ink.
- High-speed printing at 150mm/s, with the capability to print one label per second.
- Easy to set up with short how-to videos and 5-star U.S.-based customer service via phone, email, and remote desktop.
- Only compatible with Windows (XP and newer) and Mac (10.9 and newer)
- The printer is designed for high-volume shippers, and may not be suitable for small-scale operations.
- It is a commercial-grade label printer and may be more expensive than other options on the market.
8. MUNBYN Thermal Lable
The MUNBYN Label Printer is a USB thermal shipping label printer that is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses that need to print shipping labels quickly and efficiently. This printer is compatible with a wide range of shipping platforms and marketplaces, including Shopify, eBay, PayPal, USPS, and many more. It is also a great gift idea for friends and family members who own small businesses.
One of the standout features of the MUNBYN Label Printer is its high-speed printing capabilities. With a printing speed of 150mm/s, this printer can print nearly 72 sheets of paper in just one minute. This makes it an ideal choice for businesses that need to print a large number of labels quickly. Additionally, the printer is compatible with Chrome and can be used on Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Compatible with a wide range of shipping platforms and marketplaces.
- High-speed printing capabilities with a speed of 150mm/s.
- Eco-friendly design that uses direct thermal technology and does not require ink or toner.
- Suitable for printing labels of various widths, including shipping labels, address labels, and warehouse labels.
- Can be used as a gift for friends and family members who own small businesses.
- No wifi or Bluetooth connectivity.
- Only support USB connectivity
- May not be suitable for businesses that require very high-volume label printing.
Also Read: Best Printer for Vehicle Wraps 2022
9. K Comer Best wireless thermal label printer
- 【150MM/S High-Speed & High Resolution】This label printer applies newest Thin-film direct thermal printing technology, making the printing speed more faster and stable. High printing quality with 203DPI resolution, supports printing labels from 1.57 to 4.3 width and 1 to 11.8 height, compatible with most shipping and e-commerce platforms, such as FedEx, USPS , DHL, Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Shopify, etc. Please download the driver from official website or USB Driver before printing.
- 【Durable & Cost Saving】The 4x6 label printer comes with Comer newest generation high-temperature print head,it can non-stop working 12 hours or longer and stably print labels up to 500,000 PCS till print head life end. Besides, our direct thermal label printers don't need any toner or ink or ribbon, just need thermal papers.
- 【Widely Use & Multi-System Compatible】Comer CX418 label printers can smoothly run on all versions of Windows and Mac Systems. It can be setting up in 1 min .CX418 supports various sizes of direct thermal labels, such as 4 x 6 shipping labels, warehouse labels, barcode labels, product labels, address labels, ID labels, market labels,etc., its a ideal choice for your purchasing. Warmly note: ChromeOS system is not supported.
- 【Automatic Label-Detection】 Comer thermal label printer can automatically capture and feed labels, it can automatically and accurately adjust printing head according to label size, what's more, it was built in intelligent Paper-Return function, Whenever you change the paper, it can save your 1st label all the time, greatly reduce your thermal paper wasting.
- 【Reliable Customer Service】Comer thermal printer comes with a label holder and a USB disk as presents to our customer. Package contains printer driver, installation guide, setup guideline and user manual. Free and all lifetime technical support, timely updated version driver. Our customer services cover email, social communication tools, remote assistance, and provide services for any problems you encountering at any time.
The K Comer Shipping Label Printer is a high-speed thermal printer that utilizes "SUSPENDED THERMAL TECHNOLOGY" to maintain high resolution while printing up to 86 labels per minute. This makes it a reliable and efficient partner for your work. The printer is also easy to set up, with a simple 4-step installation process and automatic detection and learning of labels.
The printer is compatible with a wide range of label sizes, from 1.57 inches to 4.3 inches, and works with major shipping and e-commerce platforms including Amazon, Etsy, Shopify, FedEx, UPS, and USPS. It also works with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux Centos 7.0. Additionally, this printer is environmentally friendly as it uses enhanced direct thermal technology and does not require ink, toner, or ribbon.
- High-speed printing up to 150mm/s
- Simple 4-step installation process
- Wide compatibility with various shipping and e-commerce platforms
- Environmentally friendly, no ink, toner or ribbon needed
- Strong technical support with free replacement service and lifetime technical support
- Some users may find the printer to be noisy
- Some users may find the printer to be bulky
- Some users may find the software to be complicated to use.
Also Read: How To Make Prints of Watercolor Paintings
Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about thermal printers
Despite being used in various industries, few people are still aware of the features, benefits, and potential of thermal printers. If you work in an office and deal with a lot of paperwork or if you just make a lot of use of labels, you will probably be interested in learning more. In this section, we will try to answer the most frequently asked questions about these devices.
What exactly is a thermal printer?
How does a thermal printer work?
Thermal printers, which are basically used for monochrome printing, are "impact-free" printers, which means that it is not thanks to the force of impact that the ink is transferred to the substrate. Inside they are equipped with pins and electronic circuits that receive orders from the computer and store data for printing.
The head of a thermal printer is composed of a series of heads that are heated thanks to a series of resistors, located in the head itself. The film that covers the paper will thus begin to react, transmitting the image onto the support, or paper. To get the different characters or images to print, the thermal head chooses which pins are to be heated.
Can a thermal printer be used to print in color?
Most thermal printers are, and always have been, monochrome. In fact, this is the function that helps to lower costs so much. However, some of the newer models can print 2 or 3 colors. This feature is very important for shops that print labels, as sometimes it is necessary to add some color details.
Black is without a doubt the most common color, just think that originally thermal printers were very popular for barcodes (and still are!). Nowadays, although to a much lesser extent than black, red and even blue are also used. The different colors are obtained by heating the thermal printer heads to different temperatures.
What power source do thermal printers use?
What are the pros and cons of thermal printers?
Since their very first appearance, thermal printers have literally revolutionized the printing industry when it comes to labels, bank receipts, barcodes, and tickets or invoices of all kinds. From supermarkets to banks, to any type of shop, it is thanks to the many advantages that thermal printers are now enormously popular. In this table, we show you the pros and cons.
What kind of paper is used with thermal printers?
What is the difference between a direct thermal printer and a thermal transfer printer?
There are several variations of thermal printers, and not all of them perform the same type of printing. As we explained earlier, direct thermal printing is done by applying heat to the printer heads. These then come into contact with the printing surface, ie with the paper, which must be sensitive to heat. In this way, the print surface that is touched by the heated heads will become darker.
As far as thermal transfer printing is concerned, the print heads come into contact with a ribbon or roll which, by heating up, makes the material adhere to the printing surface, that is to the paper. This option offers greater flexibility in terms of the materials that can be used.
Materials that are not sensitive to heat do not degrade over time and long-term print quality is therefore maintained. Thermal transfer printers are used in many sectors, in particular, they are ideal for those production processes where labeling is important to require that quality be maintained.
In which industries are thermal printers used?
Another area where this system is used is logistics, where thermal label printers, also known as labelers, are used. They work with self-adhesive paper rolls and are the most effective machines, which allow reducing the total process times. Furthermore, their robustness and low printing cost make them irreplaceable today.
In general, in the entertainment industry, thermal printers have garnered a lot of acclaims. Thanks to the low maintenance they require and the ease of use, installing and starting to use thermal printers is absolutely not difficult.\
Also Read: Best Printer For Giclee Prints
Are you by chance thinking of improving your hardware or equipping yourself with all the necessary work tools? If so, you are probably looking for a Best thermal printers for Mac, Not only because of its many benefits in terms of cost and time savings but also because they are very simple to use. Before making your choice, however, we recommend that you consider the following purchase criteria.
- Design and dimensions
- Power source
Thermal printers are characterized by a high level of productivity. Fulfillment centers, supermarkets, or banks print a huge amount of receipts, tickets, or barcodes a day, so speed is a key factor that shouldn't be overlooked. In general, it is advisable to purchase a model that is capable of printing at least 150mm / s.
Design and dimensions
Unlike other printers such as inkjet or multi-function printers, thermal printers take up little space thanks to their small design. This is also a factor to consider before making the purchase, as some models may be very uncomfortable or bulky in some offices.
Also Read: Best Printer For Barcode Labels
Most thermal printers are connected to electricity, although recently wireless models have also appeared on the market. Obviously, the latter have numerous advantages in terms of space saved and functionality. You can also use the other connection ports available on your computer - USB and Ethernet cable ports are the most recommended.
Thermal printers are electromechanical devices whose operation is based on heat and not on the inkjet. The use of thermal printers contributes to significant savings in consumables, thanks to the fact that cartridges are not needed. Thermal printers are very useful in logistics centers, supermarkets, banks, and small shops or larger stores for printing receipts or tickets.
Normally, thermal printers only print in black, but the latest models already allow you to print using multiple colors, such as red and blue. In addition to being very energy efficient, they are very fast, help take care of the environment, and tend to be very quiet. They work on electricity, although wireless models exist.
If you liked our guide Best thermal printers for Mac,, leave us a comment and share the article with your contacts!
Leave a Reply