As an artist, you will often find yourself in the position of needing to publish your art for many reasons, whether for commercial or personal use.
But as the one-size-fits-all version no longer works in the corporate arena, not only can any printer create high-quality art prints, it has to be an art printer.
So you have one of the dozens of options for printers that include features tailored for the printing and artists of their art, and the decision is far from straightforward.
We have done the research for you personally and reviewed a number of their best models by the biggest brands in the market today, and from the conclusion of the guide, you will probably get an idea of their Best Printers for Art Prints & Artists 2022that could bring art to life. the quality you want.
Also Read: Best Epson Printer For Sublimation
Best Printers For Art Prints
If you’re here, let’s assume you’re looking for Best Printers For Art Prints. However, given the number of options available in the market, it becomes really daunting to choose the Best Printers For Art Prints that fit your needs. So after exhausting ourselves for days here is a list of your desired products
Also Read: Best MICR Printer For Checks
Best Printers For Art Prints | Comparison Table 2022
|HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer with Wireless Printing, HP Instant Ink ready, Works with Alexa (K7R96A)||HP||Check Price|
|Epson EcoTank ET-4760 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with Scanner, Copier, Fax, ADF and Ethernet - White||Epson||Check Price|
|Canon IP8720 Wireless Printer, AirPrint and Cloud Compatible, Black, 6.3" x 23.3" x 13.1"||Canon||Check Price|
|HP Color LaserJet Pro M454dw Wireless Laser Printer, Double-Sided & Mobile Printing, Security Features (W1Y45A)||HP||Check Price|
|Epson SureColor P900 17-Inch Printer, Black||Epson||Check Price|
|Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Wireless Professional Color Photo Printer, Prints up to 13"X 19", 3.0" Color LCD Screen, & Layout Software and Mobile Device Printing, Black||Canon||Check Price|
|HP DesignJet Studio Wood Large Format Wireless Plotter Printer - 36", with Roll Cover, Auto Sheet Feeder, Media Bin & Stand (5HB14A)||HP||Check Price|
|Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Professional Photographic Inkjet Printer, 17 x 22-Inches||Canon||Check Price|
|HP Smart -Tank Plus 551 Wireless All-in-One Ink -Tank Printer, up to 2 Years of Ink in Bottles, Mobile Remote Print, Scan, Copy, White, Works with Alexa (6HF11A)||HP||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Printers For Art Prints | 2022 Products Overview
1. HP ENVY Photo 7855 Best Printers For Art Prints
- Stunning photos for less than 5 cents – Features of this photo printer include print, scan, copy, fax, borderless and wireless printing, SD card slot, auto document feeder, plus photo prints for less than 5 cents with HP Instant Ink (subscription required)
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand – Mobile printing from your device such as iPhone with AirPrint, or print without a network using Wireless Direct printing
- Wireless connectivity you can count on – Reliable wireless connectivity and lightning-fast setup with dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart, plus Ethernet capability for wired networking
- Our most powerful printing app ever – The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up this wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- HP Instant Ink: Ink delivery service starting at three dollars per month; Original HP ink delivered before you run out; plus great savings on ink (optional)
- Print directly from SD card OR USB – Insert your SD card or USB to view, edit, and print directly from the color touchscreen using dedicated paper trays that automatically adjust to match print settings and paper type
- Wide range of paper size support – Supports letter, legal, 4x5 in, 4x6 in, 5x7 in, 8x10 in, No 10 envelopes
- One-year limited hardware warranty – 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support; this HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One replaces the HP ENVY 7640 All-in-One
The HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Photo Printer is a versatile printer that offers a range of features for stunning photo printing at an affordable cost. The printer is equipped with print, scan, copy, and fax capabilities, and also offers borderless and wireless printing. Additionally, it features an SD card slot, an auto document feeder, and photo prints for less than 5 cents with HP Instant Ink, which is a subscription-based ink delivery service.
One of the standout features of this printer is its mobile printing capabilities. It allows you to print from your device such as iPhone with AirPrint, or print without a network using Wireless Direct printing. Furthermore, it offers reliable wireless connectivity and lightning-fast setup with dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart, plus Ethernet capability for wired networking.
- Affordable photo printing with an HP Instant Ink subscription.
- Mobile printing capabilities using AirPrint or Wireless Direct printing.
- Reliable wireless connectivity and fast setup with dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart.
- The HP Smart app allows for easy setup and document scanning.
- Support for a wide range of paper sizes including legal, 4×5 inches, 4×6 inches, 5×7 inches, 8×10 inches, and No 10 envelopes
- HP Instant Ink subscription is required to achieve low-cost photo printing.
- The printer only works with original HP ink cartridges
- The printer requires periodic firmware updates to maintain the effectiveness of measures against non-HP chips or circuitries.
Also Read: Best Epson Printer For Sublimation
2. Epson EcoTank ET-4760
- Your business needs a printer that’s fast, affordable, easy to use, and has premium productivity features. That’s why we developed the EcoTank ET-4760 – and innovative cartridge-free solution that uses high-capacity, easily refillable ink tanks. So you’ll worry less about running out of ink, and save a lot on replacement ink (1). The ET-4760 offers fax, productive paper handling, a high-resolution flatbed scanner, and a convenient 2.4 color touchscreen – making it the perfect printer for your office.
- Innovative Cartridge-Free Printing ― High-capacity ink tanks mean no more tiny, expensive ink cartridges; Epson’s exclusive EcoFit ink bottles make filling easy and worry-free
- Dramatic Savings on Replacement Ink ― Save up to 90% with replacement ink bottles vs. ink cartridges (1) – that’s enough to print up to 7,500 pages black/6,000 color (2), equivalent to about 90 individual ink cartridges (3)
- Stress-Free Printing — Up to 2 years of ink in the box4 – and with every replacement ink set – for fewer out of ink frustrations
- Zero Cartridge Waste – By using an EcoTank printer, you can help reduce the amount of cartridge waste ending up in landfills
- Impressive Print Quality ― Unique PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology and Claria ET pigment black ink produce extremely sharp text – plus impressive color photos and graphics – on virtually any paper type
- Robust Paper Handling ― Auto Document Feeder, paper-saving auto 2-sided printing and a 250-sheet paper tray for high productivity
- Built-in Scanner & Copier ― High-resolution flatbed scanner and a 2.4 color display for easy document copying and navigation
- Modern Connectivity ― Features Ethernet and wireless, plus hands-free voice-activated printing (5). Easily print from your smart device6 with the intuitive Epson Smart Panel App (7)
- Designed for Reliability ― Worry-free 2-year limited warranty with registration (8), including full unit replacement. Epson strongly recommends the use of genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience; Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson warranty
The Epson EcoTank ET-4760 is a wireless all-in-one printer that features a cartridge-free design, allowing for significant ink savings. It comes with a scanner, copier, fax, automatic document feeder (ADF), and Ethernet connectivity. Epson recommends the use of genuine Epson inks for optimal printing quality and to maintain warranty coverage.
One of the key features of the EcoTank ET-4760 is its ability to save up to 90 percent on replacement ink costs compared to traditional ink cartridges. This can result in a cost savings of about 1 cent per color ISO page, versus around 20 cents with cartridges. Additionally, the printer comes with a 2-year supply of ink in the box, with each replacement ink set including enough ink to print up to 7,500 pages in black or 6,000 pages in color.
- Can save up to 90% on replacement ink costs.
- Comes with a 2-year supply of ink.
- Has a cartridge-free design, resulting in less waste.
- Features a 250-sheet paper tray and automatic document feeder for added productivity.
- Has a wide range of connectivity options, including wireless, Ethernet and hands-free, voice-activated printing.
- Epson recommends the use of genuine Epson inks, which can be more expensive than generic alternatives.
- The printer has a relatively high upfront cost.
- It may not be compatible with non-Epson inks and that may cause damage not covered by warranty
Also Read: Best Printer For Infrequent Use
3. Canon IP8720
- Dont get stuck in an 8 inches x 10 inches world; Print your favorite photos up to 13 inches x 19 inches
- With a 6 color ink system including gray ink and 9600 x 2400 maximum color dots per inch, the results are incredible quality and amazing detail in your black & white and color photos. Noise level: Approx. 43.5 dB(A)
- Print wireless from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house; Ink droplet size: 1, 2 and 5
- Note: Kindly refer to the user manual provided as a PDF manual in the product description section
- Ink compatibility : PGI 250 Pigment Black XL, CLI 251 Cyan XL, CLI 251 Magenta XL, CLI 251 Yellow XL, CLI 251 Gray XL, CLI 251 Black XL , PGI 250 Pigment Black, CLI 251 Cyan, CLI 251 Magenta, CLI 251 Yellow, CLI 251 Gray, CLI 251 Black
The Canon IP8720 is a wireless inkjet photo printer that allows you to print borderless photos up to 13 inches x 19 inches in size. It features a 6-color ink system including gray ink, and can produce a maximum resolution of 9600 x 2400 color dots per inch for high-quality images.
It has multiple connectivity options, including AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and Pixma Printing Solutions, which allow you to print from various devices such as mobile devices, and is also compatible with CD/DVD printing and can print on CDs and DVDs. It also includes a number of software features such as My Image Garden and Creative Park Premium, which provide various creative tools and templates for editing and printing your photos. The noise level of the printer is approximately 43.5 dB(A).
- The printer can print borderless photos up to 13 x 19 inches in size.
- A 6-color ink system, including gray ink, produces high-quality images.
- Multiple connectivity options, including AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and Pixma Printing Solutions.
- Compatible with CD/DVD printing and can print on CDs and DVDs.
- Multiple software features such as My Image Garden and Creative Park Premium, provide various creative tools and templates for editing and printing your photos.
- The noise level of the printer is relatively high (43.5 dB(A))
- It’s not an all-in-one device.
- Prints are costlier than other models.
Also Read: Best Dtg Printer For Small Business
4. HP Color LaserJet Pro Best printer for professional prints
- BUILT TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS MOVING FORWARD – Print consistently high-quality documents and vivid graphics with the HP color LaserJet Pro M454dw, A wireless color laser printer designed to let you focus on growing your business
- BEST-IN-CLASS SECURITY – A suite of embedded security features, like instant threat notifications and optional Pin/pull printing, help protect your color laser printer from being an entry point for attacks and help ensure the safety of your sensitive data
- Walk-up USB printing - Print Microsoft office-formatted files in addition to PDFs right off your USB drive, using a port on the front of the printer, and save paper with automatic 2-sided printing
- PRINT WITH OR WITHOUT A NETWORK - Use Built-in Wi-Fi Direct to connect your smartphone directly to your wireless color laser printer for easy mobile printing, even without a local network connection
- MANAGE TASK QUICKLY AND EASILY – Take control of your projects with this laser printers intuitive 2. 7 Color touchscreen, 250-sheet input tray, and Print speeds of up to 28 pages a minute
- ENHANCED ENERGY EFFICIENCY - Designed with the environment in mind, HP color LaserJet Pro M454dw saves up to 11% energy over prior products, with technologies that help reduce paper waste
- TONER CARTRIDGES YOU CAN TRUST – Avoid reprints, wasted Supplies, and service calls by using original HP 414a/414x toner cartridges designed for your laser printer
- ONE-YEAR LIMITED HARDWARE – Get help with 24-hour, 7 days a week FREE HP web support. See Specification Sheet for terms and condition
The HP Color LaserJet Pro M454dw is a wireless color laser printer designed to keep your business moving forward. It consistently produces high-quality documents and vivid graphics, allowing you to focus on growing your business. With HP Wolf Pro Security built into the printer hardware, firmware and OS, it protects company data and safeguards against cyberattacks.
This printer also features walk-up USB printing, allowing you to print Microsoft Office-formatted files in addition to PDFs directly from a USB drive, and saves paper with automatic 2-sided printing. You can also connect your smartphone directly to the printer using built-in Wi-Fi Direct for easy mobile printing, even without a local network connection. An intuitive 2.7" color touchscreen and a 250-sheet input tray make it easy to manage tasks quickly and efficiently.
Designed with the environment in mind, the HP Color LaserJet Pro M454dw saves up to 11% energy over prior products and comes with technologies that help reduce paper waste. It is recommended to use Original HP 414A/414X toner cartridges for the printer for best performance and to avoid reprints and wasted supplies. The printer also comes with a one-year limited hardware warranty and 24/7 HP Web support.
- Consistently produces high-quality documents and vivid graphics.
- Built-in HP Wolf Pro Security to protect company data and safeguard against cyberattacks.
- Has a walk-up USB printing feature that allows printing directly from a USB drive.
- Has an intuitive 2.7″ color touchscreen for easy task management.
- Designed to be energy efficient and reduce paper waste.
- A toner cartridge with non-HP chips or circuitry will not work with this printer.
- Requires firmware updates to maintain the effectiveness of security measures.
- Need to use original HP toner cartridges for optimal performance.
Also Read: Best Printer For Waterslide Decals
5. Epson SureColor P900
- Outstanding image quality and color — all-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet produces a wide color gamut for vibrant and rich colors
- No Photo and Matte Black ink switching — dedicated nozzles for both black ink types — no switching needed
- New 10-channel MicroPiezo AMC printhead — consistently delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy
- Easy printing from smart devices — print color-managed files directly from your iOS device (1) using an easy-to-use interface
- New Carbon Black Driver Technology — all-new Carbon Black Driver mode dramatically increases Dmax for best-in-class black density on glossy papers
- Professional media handling — accommodates rolls (2) and sheet media up to 1.5 mm thick of Epson Professional, Signature Worthy and Legacy papers as well as third-party media
- Easy to use — features 4.3 customizable touchscreen, wireless connectivity and interior LED light for fast, convenient operation
- Compact design — 23 percent smaller than our previous generation
- Industry-leading print permanence — creates prints that last up to 200 years in color and 400 years in black-and-white (currently in testing) (3)
- Designed for use exclusively with Epson cartridges.
The Epson SureColor P900 is a 17-inch printer that produces high-quality, vibrant, and rich-colored images. It utilizes all-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet that provides a wide color gamut for outstanding image quality. The printer also has a new 10-channel MicroPiezo AMC printhead that delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy.
The P900 printer features a new Carbon Black Driver Technology that increases Dmax for best-in-class black density on glossy papers. It also has a 4.3" customizable touchscreen, wireless connectivity, and an interior LED light for fast and convenient operation. The printer is designed to be compact, 23% smaller than previous generations and can handle rolls and sheet media up to 1.5mm thick of Epson Professional, Signature Worthy and Legacy papers, as well as third-party media.
The P900 is designed for use exclusively with Epson cartridges, and it offers industry-leading print permanence, which creates prints that last up to 200 years in color and 400 years in black and white. It is currently in testing. The package comes with a P900 Printer, Set of initial ink cartridges, Power cord, User Guide Kit, Accessory box, and CD/DVD tray. The product is easy to use, and it makes it possible to create exhibition-quality prints from the convenience of a desktop.
- The printer produces outstanding image quality and color.
- No need for Photo and Matte Black ink switching.
- Consistently delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy.
- Easy printing from smart devices.
- Accommodates rolls and sheet media up to 1.5 mm thick of Epson Professional, Signature Worthy and Legacy papers as well as third-party media
- Designed for use exclusively with Epson cartridges
- Print permanence is currently in testing, so the longevity of prints may vary.
- Most features require an Internet connection to the printer, as well as an Internet- and/or email-enabled device.
Also Read: Best Printer for Vehicle Wraps 2022
6. Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Best large format printer for art prints
- With a enhanced 8-color dye-based ink system, you’ll enjoy rich, vibrant professional printing, every time.
- Save space in your home or studio with a COMPACT DESIGN
- The PIXMA PRO-200 is also fast and efficient, delivering high quality bordered A3+ prints in just 90 seconds.
- Compatible with a wide range of media and sizes, your can print borderless up to 13”x19” or a custom size up to 13” x 39”.
- The built-in 3-inch LCD display lets you check ink levels at-a-glance and perform printer maintenance — for excellent results with ease.
- Use Canon’s Professional Print & Layout (PPL)2 software to easily make great prints. PPL’s intuitive interface takes the hassle out of finding the correct print settings so you spend more time on your art and not on settings.
- Print through WI-FI1 or networked ETHERNET connection
- With PANORAMA PRINTING print up to a custom size of 13” x 39”.
The Canon PIXMA PRO-200 is a wireless professional color photo printer that can print up to 13"x19" and comes with a 3.0" color LCD screen and layout software. It features an enhanced 8-color dye-based ink system that produces rich and vibrant professional prints. The printer's compact design allows it to save space in your home or studio. The PIXMA PRO-200 is also fast and efficient, delivering high-quality bordered A3 plus prints in just 90 seconds.
The printer is compatible with a wide range of media and sizes and can print borderless up to 13"x19" or a custom size up to 13"x39". The built-in 3-inch LCD display lets you easily check ink levels and perform printer maintenance. The PIXMA PRO-200 also comes with Canon's Professional Print & Layout (PPL) software, which has an intuitive interface that takes the hassle out of finding the correct print settings so you can spend more time on your art.
The PIXMA PRO-200 can be connected wirelessly via Wi-Fi or networked Ethernet connection, allowing for easy printing from multiple devices. It also supports PANORAMA PRINTING, which allows you to print up to a custom size of 13"x39". The package includes the printer itself.
- Enhanced 8-color dye-based ink system for rich, vibrant professional printing.
- Compact design that saves space.
- Fast and efficient, delivering high-quality bordered A3 plus prints in just 90 seconds.
- Compatible with a wide range of media and sizes, and can print borderless up to 13″x19″ or a custom size up to 13″x39″.
- Built-in 3-inch LCD display for easy ink level checking and printer maintenance.
- The printer is quite expensive
- It’s not designed for large-volume printing
- The PPL software can be limited in its capabilities compared to other professional software.
7. HP DesignJet Studio Best printer for art prints on a budget
- Ideal for: Technical line-drawings, renders requiring precise, accurate line-quality and crisp text, posters, and maps. This printer is popular in design studios and modern offices among architects, engineers, and construction professionals with a preference for net carbon neutral products.
- Media Sizes: Up to 36-inch wide media rolls (large format), and up to 13-inch by 19-inch sheets (wide format) using the included automatic sheet feeder accessory.
- Media Handling: Sheet feed, roll feed, automatic sheet/roll switch, media bin, automatic horizontal cutter.
- 1-Click Printing from Anywhere: Save time with the worlds easiest job submission tool - HP Click. Print multiple files in as little as one click. Manage your large format printing and printer virtually anywhere and anytime with the HP Smart app, from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. HP/GL-2 support.
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11.
- Print Speeds & RAM: Up to 25 seconds per page on A1/D size, 81 A1/D size prints size per hour. 1GB memory.
- Simple & Cost Effective: Print multi-size A3/B and A1/D or A0/E projects automatically, without manually switching the media source. Affordability without any tradeoffs as the world’s easiest to use large-format printer with a modern office design. Impressive simplicity that helps you stay productive. Cost saving efficiencies like using 95% less ink for routine maintenance vs. other competitor plotter printers. Save time and money from job prep to final print.
- Software: HP Click (easy-to-use job submittal & poster creation tools), HP Smart app (print, scan, and share files from anywhere from smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers), HP Print Preview for Windows, HP Easy Start, HP DesignJet Utility for Windows, HP Support Assistant.
- HP DesignJet Cartridges that fit this printer: HP 712 2-pack 80-ml Black (3WW89A), HP 712 29-ml Cyan (3ED67A), HP 712 29-ml Magenta (3ED68A), HP 712 29-ml Yellow (3ED69A), HP 712 3-pack 29-ml Cyan (3ED77A), HP 712 3-pack 29-ml Magenta (3ED78A), HP 712 3-pack 29-ml Yellow (3ED79A), HP 712 38-ml Black (3ED70A), HP 712 80-ml Black (3ED71A), HP 712B 38-ml Black (3ED28A), HP 712B 80-ml Black (3ED29A). HP 713 DesignJet Printhead (3ED58A).
- Support: One-year limited hardware warranty included. Friendly large format printing experts are only a phone call away to help with product setup and support questions.
The HP DesignJet Studio Wood Large Format Plotter Printer is a 36-inch wide format printer that is ideal for technical line drawings, and renders that require precise, accurate line-quality and crisp text, posters, and maps. This printer is popular among architects, engineers, and construction professionals who have a preference for net carbon neutral products.
It includes a variety of features to make printing large format documents as easy and efficient as possible. With the included automatic sheet feeder accessory, this printer can handle media sizes up to 36 inches wide, as well as 13x19 inch sheets using the included automatic sheet feeder accessory. Additionally, the printer comes with various media handling options such as sheet feed, roll feed, automatic sheet/roll switch, media bin, and an automatic horizontal cutter.
The HP DesignJet Studio is designed around the needs of the user, and it includes a range of features to help users be more productive. With high-speed printing, users can print as fast as 25 seconds per A1/D plot, enabling them to be more efficient and avoid waiting by the printer. Additionally, the printer can be managed remotely with the HP Smart app, allowing users to print and share files from anywhere including smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. The printer also uses HP Bright Office Inks that plot up to 31% more line accuracy and up to 65% more gamut to deliver high-quality results.
- Ideal for technical line drawings, renders, posters and maps.
- Popular among architects, engineers, and construction professionals.
- One-click printing from anywhere with HP Click software.
- High-speed printing as fast as 25 seconds per A1/D plot.
- Fits the office and budget by using less ink for routine maintenance
- It may be expensive for some users.
- It is designed primarily for large-format printing, which may not be suitable for all users.
- Some users may find the software difficult to use.
8. Canon image PROGRAF PRO
- Anti-Clogging Technology: The Fine print head institutes a tubular ink delivery system, this generates faster print speeds and reduces the possibility of clogging.
- Air Feeding System: The Canon Air Feeding System prevents each page from skewing for accurate ink placement, regardless of paper type. A series of openings located on top of the platen vacuum-grip the paper as it feeds through the printer.
- Lucia Pro Ink System: The Lucia Pro 11-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system satisfies the demands of the most critical photographer or graphic artist. Denser droplet placement provides a broader color gamut for superb glossiness/anti-bronzing.
- Wide Color Gamut: This 11-color and Chroma Optimizer ink system helps to achieve an improvement in color-reproduction, image clarity, and enhanced darker areas. It faithfully reproduces colors and dark areas crucial for printing works of art.
- Black Density and Dark Shadow Areas: Deep blacks, which make the image crisp, and precise gradation can be attained across all media types. 17 x 22 Bordered Photo
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Professional Photographic Inkjet Printer is a 17 x 22-inch wide format printer that features advanced technology for fast and accurate printing. The Fine print head institutes a tubular ink delivery system, which generates faster print speeds and reduces the possibility of clogging. Additionally, the Canon Air Feeding System prevents each page from skewing for accurate ink placement, regardless of paper type.
The Lucia Pro 11-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system satisfies the demands of the most critical photographers or graphic artists. Denser droplet placement provides a broader color gamut for superb glossiness and anti-bronzing. The wide color gamut of this 11-color and Chroma Optimizer ink system helps to achieve an improvement in color reproduction, image clarity and enhanced darker areas.
- Anti-clogging technology for faster print speeds and reduced clogging.
- Air feeding system for accurate ink placement on all paper types.
- Lucia Pro ink system for a broader color gamut and superb glossiness/anti-bronzing.
- Wide color gamut for improved color reproduction and image clarity.
- Black density and precise gradation across all media types.
- The 17 x 22-inch wide format may not be suitable for all users.
- Expensive to purchase
- Uses a lot of ink.
Also Read: How To Make Prints of Watercolor Paintings
9. HP Smart -Tank Plus 551 Best printer for professional prints
- Best ink tank print quality in class with great savings: Count on this affordable ink tank printer for home to print, scan, and copy with ease, and consistently deliver dark, crisp text and vibrant color graphics for all your prints
- Easy mobile printing: Easily set up your all-in-one printer and manage print and scan projects on the go with your smartphone or tablet using the HP Smart app
- 2 years of ink in bottles included: This color ink tank printer is perfect for low-cost, high-volume printing; get up to 8,000 color pages or 6,000 black pages with up to 2 years of ink in bottles included in the box
- Simple, spill-free refill: With this all-in-one printers integrated ink tank design and automatic ink sensor, you get a compact, spill-free refill system with convenient, resealable bottles that make it easy to manage ink
- Reliable connectivity with dual-band Wi-Fi: Whether connecting your ink tank printer to your network or your mobile device to your printer, get faster, more reliable connections with dual-band Wi-Fi
- Speed through tasks: Work fast with print speeds up to 11ppm and fast first page printing
- Wide range of paper size support: This HP printer works with letter, legal, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, and No. 10 envelopes
- One-year limited hardware warranty: Get a one-year commercial hardware warranty, plus 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support; see specification sheet for terms and conditions
The HP Smart Tank Plus 551 Wireless All-in-One Ink Tank Printer is an affordable option for home printing, scanning, and copying. It boasts best-in-class print quality, consistently producing dark, crisp text and vibrant color graphics. The printer is also easy to set up and manage print and scan projects on the go with a smartphone or tablet using the HP Smart app.
One of the main features of the printer is that it comes with 2 years of ink in bottles, providing great value for low-cost, high-volume printing. Users can print up to 8,000 color pages or 6,000 black pages with the ink included in the box. The ink tank design also has an integrated and automatic ink sensor, for a compact and spill-free refill system with convenient, resealable bottles for easy ink management.
- Best-in-class print quality for home use
- Affordable ink tank printer
- Easy mobile printing with the HP Smart app
- 2 years of ink in bottles are included in the box
- Reliable connectivity with dual-band Wi-Fi
- Print speeds are up to 11ppm, not suitable for high-volume printing
- Ink tanks size are not that big for high-volume printing
- Printable paper size limited to letter, legal, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, and No. 10 envelopes
Also Read: Best Printer For Giclee Prints
Best Printers For Art Prints | 2022 The Buyer’s Guide
We've already listed our recommended products above, however, if you're still confused - don't worry, we'll totally get you! Since the web is flooded with so many reviews and information, it can be overwhelming at times. So, as a diversion, we recommend that you read the buying guide below and see how to choose best photo printing sites.
The printers differ from each other in performance, quality and price. There are two main categories on the market: impact and non-impact printers. The first group matrix printers needles and character printers that work like a typewriter. The second category includes inkjet printers, laser printers and thermal printers.
The dot matrix printer requires small needles to push the ribbon against the paper, while the character printer has a ribbon with all the characters drawn on top and ready to be engraved on the ink ribbon and on the paper.
The inkjet printer works by having small holes from which the ink is sprayed onto the paper. Laser printers , on the other hand, use toner: the ink ends up on the paper through an electrostatic charge. Finally, thermal printers provide that the layers present on the paper are activated thanks to the heat produced. In this guide we will illustrate the characteristics of the different peripherals, the performance and the type of operation. Stay tuned!
Also Read: Best Printer For Barcode Labels
The inkjet printer is the most popular and widespread model as it ensures a very high level of quality. Its operation appears in part similar to that of needle printers. Instead of these last elements, however, there are small holes from which the ink is sprayed directly onto the paper.
The printing methods then change according to the manufacturing company. There are some manufacturers that use "bubble jet" technology and others "piezoelectric".
The printer inkjet has a price lower than a laser printer but it is more expensive to maintain. Cartridges need to be changed more frequently.
Printing with an inkjet model costs at least ten times more when compared to a laser printer. In both cases we speak of an impactless process. The ink comes out of the print head nozzles and is sprayed onto the paper where the image or text takes shape. The paper moves thanks to the rollers of the machine motors.
With an inkjet printer, it takes about half a second to print a strip on a page.
There are really many products in circulation, also depending on the type of printing. The most common type is Dod (Drop on demand): small drops of ink are sprayed on the paper by means of nozzles. Most inkjet printers make use of thermal technology: heat is used to shoot the ink onto the sheet of paper.
Thermal inkjet print heads comprise 300 to 600 nozzles. Their diameter is equal to that of a human hair.
The colors derive from the combination of the three basic colors: yellow, cyan and magenta . The printing speed also depends on how often the nozzles shoot the ink droplets.
Laser printers, which have gained a lot of popularity in recent years, ensure superior performance. They are faster and have a lower cost of ownership . The price of the toner is certainly higher than that of an inkjet cartridge but the duration is far superior. For each printed page, the expense is therefore amortized.
Laser printers cost more but provide greater advantages on the technological and management front. These machines are suitable for those who need fast printing and a multifunctional device that also has a scanner and fax included.
If you work in an office and need a printer that is able to work on a network with several personal computers, then the use of a laser printer will be mandatory. There are various types of laser printers: there are some models that print only in black and white , other products that can instead be connected to the computer via Wi-Fi.
A quality laser printer is capable of printing around 12.15 pages per minute. The quality is at least 600 × 600 dpi for black and white models. On the other hand, it is not lower than 1200 × 1200 dpi for color articles.
Those who need to print large files or numerous images can opt for a printer that has a high RAM memory and ensures a certain printing speed. The printer with wireless connection is essential both when there are several computers in the house and when the printer is located in a room of the house that is not the one where the personal computer is located
How to make the right choice
The choice to buy the right printer must be made taking into account the needs of the buyer. Anyone who works in an office and prints many pages a day needs a laser printer. Those who need to print in color, on the other hand, should opt for a three-color inkjet printer. Those who still print both color and black and white, and are fond of photographs, should take a look at the 6-color or more inkjet photo printer models. Those who work with photographs can also point to a thermal sublimation printer . Finally, all people who do not have a particular need but who from time to time have to print, scan or photocopy something, can take advantage of a multifunction printer.
In color or black and white
One of the parameters to consider when choosing our printer is that relating to the number of colors . An important aspect also on the economic front; in fact, this choice affects the price of a device. If you are printing only in black and white, then it is best to opt for a laser printer that offers unmatched quality, as well as financial benefits. Those who, on the other hand, print in color and are passionate about photography, will necessarily have to focus on an inkjet product.
The running and maintenance costs of a color printer are higher than that of a black and white printer.
But what else do you look at before buying a printer? Of course, our attention is also focused on dimensions . Traditional printers require space but multifunction printers are known to be even more cumbersome. Before making a purchase, therefore, you must make sure you have the space you need.
Those who do not have much space to install a printer in the place where they work, then can choose a device with a wireless interface. That way, there won't even be cables to get in the way.
Another important aspect is that of the Wi-Fi connection: our suggestion is always to check the product data sheet before arriving at the cashier to pay for it.
The print resolution
Print resolution is one of the main parameters to consider when buying a photo printer . This is an aspect to pay attention to because the higher the resolution, the higher the print quality . This parameter is indicated both in Dpi (Dot per Inch or dots per inch) and in Ppi (ie pixels per inch).
The print speed
Those who intend to buy a printer to use it on a regular basis, then have to pay attention to other aspects as well. The focus is on printing speed, cost per copy and the number of sheets that can be loaded into the machine. These are important factors above all for questions of an economic nature; both buyers and small businesses give it weight.
Let's start with the concept of printing speed: inkjet printers are able to print one page on average in a period of time between 5 and 15 seconds. Laser printers are much faster: they can print at least 20 pages per minute. The cost per copy, on the other hand, is a value that changes according to various aspects.
Generally speaking, however, it can be said that laser printers are better in terms of convenience if you intend to print only in black and white, while the Inkjet models are preferred for color printing.
Almost all printers accept the A4 format but there are much larger models, usually used in offices, which also print on A3 paper. The maximum size of a printer affects both the price and the size of the machine. Before making such a purchase, therefore, always take into account the budget you have available and the space.
How many sheets can be loaded? This too is a parameter that varies depending on the printer model we have chosen. Classic printers also start from as little as 50 sheets at a time but there are larger items that can accommodate entire reams of paper as well.
The interface of a printer is an aspect that is often not taken into consideration but which nevertheless represents an important parameter when making our choice. There are not a few people who spend high amounts for the purchase of this device with additional options and connections that may never be used. The truth is that most consumers only need a printer that can be connected to their personal computer. In these cases you can safely opt for an economic model that is characterized by a normal USB connection. Our advice therefore is always to check the functions of the product that interests us.
Then there are those who need a network printer that will make life easier due to the absence of cables. In this circumstance, we can look around us to find a solution that meets our needs and at the same time can also meet the respective economic provisions.
The most widespread and popular interface is undoubtedly that of the Wireless connection: a Wi fi printer is installed and configured without any kind of difficulty. It can be used by any home computer and personal computer even if the devices are placed in different rooms and far from each other.
In addition, wireless printers can be easily wired into a home or office network. These peripherals can be used by any type of personal computer that is connected to the same network.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Are Fine Art Prints?
Beautiful art prints refer to high-quality resolution prints. More often than not, fine art prints are printed in electronic files and created from top-notch archival inks, and they are not limited to being published on paper.
Fine art prints are also created on a variety of materials including wood, canvas, aluminum, plastic, and more to bring artists' dreams into reality.
How Do I Get The Best Quality Prints From Me?
There are a number of aspects that play a role in your ability to get the best quality prints from your home. First of all, file size is vital. Compressed images (like in JPEG) lose image data, while RAW images provide you with as much image detail as possible, resulting in high-quality prints.
In addition, the megapixels of these photographs are equally important. If the photo has a megapixel range that the printer cannot support, the image quality will likely end up looking cluttered and pixelated.
On the printer, several clues will really make the difference. First, verify that the printer settings are corrected for high photo quality. In addition, always use photo paper. For example, matte photo paper provides high-quality prints that look great.
Pigment ink cartridges are also a fantastic idea, as they are fade and water-resistant, ensuring that your ink will not bleed or leak. But inkjet printers also do the job pretty well and many home users are happy!
What Type Of Paper Should I Use For Fine Art Prints?
Printed art newspapers are generally matte, semi-gloss, or glossy, and they are acceptable for printing electronic artwork, primarily because a coating layer prevents the ink from scattering the paper and dulling the paper. 'this affect the quality of color printing.
Glossy coated paper is excellent for art prints without text and illustrations full of vibrant graphics, semi-gloss coated paper is best for art prints to be displayed with glass, and matte is best for art prints to display under glass and black white art.
Also, use thicker or thicker paper than 20 to 24 #, this is the type of paper used in conventional traditional printers or copiers. Thicker paper is essential for printing professional-quality artwork, as artwork and image printing uses a lot of ink, which could wrinkle the print journal and adversely affect quality printing.
Finally, select 100% cotton or rag paper to get your best high-quality professional prints with the highest durability and archival quality.
Inkjet Printing Or Art Printing?
Inkjet printing is just high-quality printing, longer life, and professional quality prints compared to those normally generated by inkjet printers.
It needs a 12 color inkjet printer (a giclée printer) that uses specific pigments on an archival grade substance, such as silk, rag, or wool, to ensure long-term service life. of your print combined with fade and water-resistant quality. Giclee prints are the closest reproduction of this artist's first work of art and are also widely used by people who intend to sell works of art.
In terms of fine art prints, these are original works of art that have been released in a limited variety via an artist; they are real reproductions of the first work of art produced in professional quality. The art print journal is generally thicker, thicker, and archival. They include digital prints, lithographs, prints, prints, posters, screenprints, and much more. It should be mentioned that giclee prints are a kind of fine art prints!
How Can I Price My Art Prints?
To get started, you need to collect everything you paid to create the artwork and make a profit. So, include the price of materials, light, appliances used, etc. You also need to see how well your time and effort are worth it.
Additionally, look for other artists who sell the exact same type of artwork as possible and check how well they cover their art. In this way, you are able to better understand the current market and how it works.
Either way, you can understand by practicing.
How To Store The Ink?
One of the methods by which you can save ink is printing on colored paper, as this saves you the ink that you would have spent on coloring the background.
Are Fine Art Prints Worth Anything?
Yes! Including limited edition fine art prints, hand-signed fine art prints, fine art prints with multiple colors, large art prints, and decent fine art prints. These tend to be the most valuable and come at higher prices than you might think.
If they don't fall into any of the categories mentioned above, unfortunately, they tend to be poorly priced and sell for less than their value.
We hope after reading this article Best Printers For Art Prints you are able to buy an amazing product to meet your desires. For any queries feel free to ask in the comment box, our team will respond to all your questions and queries
Leave a Reply